Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infamous second son (Playstation 4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I cant seem to set up my papertrail account working it wont let me past the registration stage for some reason. At what point in the game does it kick in?

Loving this game, i've put about 10 hours into it i'm just about to go into the second half of the city and loving the neon powers. 9/10 for me and the graphics are truly "next gen" imo

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Just picked this up today. And just started it and I gotta say it looks fantastic. I haven't seen anything on either of the console look this good yet. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Reviews put me offa bit getting this but everyone on here loves it? Might get it then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

brady12 wrote: »
    Reviews put me offa bit getting this but everyone on here loves it? Might get it then

But the reviews are very good?:confused:

Deano7788 wrote: »
    But the reviews are very good?:confused:

They are mixed not very consistent put me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

80 plus on Metacritic is usually a sign it did well in the reviews, for me. Not that reviews are the be all and end all, but it's usually hard for a game that most people think is poo to get into the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

They are mixed not very consistent put me off

8.0 on Metacritic would be considered very good.
    Its also got a 8.0 User score which is pretty great.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

One or two respected gaming media outlets were somewhat negative about the game, including Adam Sessler from Rev Games, who I have a lot of time for in general, but if anyone is basing their opinion on whether to get the game because of him and other Youtube specific gaming journos, I wouldn't worry. The majority are in agreement that is game is what next gen open world gaming is. Sess IMO seemed miffed off about the fact that Sucker Punch asked him not to leak any spoilers and/or not show any of his own gameplay in his review. You'll no doubt get 10-15 hours of fun, assuming you do get sidetracked with side missions and general messing about like myself and good amount of others do. At the very least, rent the game, but I'd suggest buying it for those who like keeping good games and this is something you can show off to friends as one reason why to purchase a PS4. I'm pleased this game was my first game purchased on PS4 at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

My copy got delivered today but I'm pretty deep into Wolverine: X-Men Origins on PS3 so I'm going to stick with that. Still excited to play Infamous though.

Can't rent this any place sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Just got the platinum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Already? Damn.

Only starting my evil playthrough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

lertsnim wrote: »
    Already? Damn.

Only starting my evil playthrough now.

Yeah, ploughed through it over the weekend.

It's a very very easy platinum though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Climbing is more annoying in this game compared to the second. I know he doesn't glue to the buildings as much, but going straight up buildings when there's no vent around can be more cumbersome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Climbing is more annoying in this game compared to the second. I know he doesn't glue to the buildings as much, but going straight up buildings when there's no vent around can be more cumbersome.

Just you wait for Neon.... again.. first upgrade should be endless run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The climbing is slightly worse but your also much more mobile. So it's a non issue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The game is good so buy it, and decide in a years time how it ranks against the rest of 2014.

Kinda feel that smoke is lacking as the others have much more useful ways to scale buildings, unless there's a vent handy that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished main story last night. Very good game. What really impressed me (apart from the graphics) is the balance in the powers. They all have good and bad points.

Looking forward to playing the bad side and being more explosive with the powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

cloud493 wrote: »
    The climbing is slightly worse but your also much more mobile. So it's a non issue

I think it was on the PlayStation Blogcast that I heard this but 'If you are climbing, you're playing the game wrong'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Got this today in Gamestop for 7.99...went in with 2 games for the 9.99 deal, COD: Ghosts (PS4) and WWE 2k14 (PS3), but the trade in value came to 62 quid :D

Played a few hours and must say it looks amazing. Im finding it hard to build up my evil karma tho, but i guess it will increase as i go along

• Advertisement

The DUP (so far) are much better opponents than the militia or the swamp monsters or helicopters in infamous 2. Leaps and bounds ahead I tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cloud493 wrote: »
    The DUP (so far) are much better opponents than the militia or the swamp monsters or helicopters in infamous 2. Leaps and bounds ahead I tell you.

The DUP are very similar to the ice soldiers with the leaping, and the heavily armoured guys. Still like the Reapers from the first game especially the Reaper Conduit.

Aye I agree, the Reapers were a nice design. The garbagemen however..... :P

Sign twirlers and musicians cannot be found anywhere :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Completed 100% on Good side last night. Want to play Evil side so may as well go for the Platinum while I'm at it and play it on Expert. Only need a few of the comet drop/flying trophies too.

I found Expert to be very easy which was a little disappointing. Found those sign twirlers and musicians so very happy to have gotten the platinum

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

lertsnim wrote: »
    I found Expert to be very easy which was a little disappointing. Found those sign twirlers and musicians so very happy to have gotten the platinum

Yeah, I must say I've been taken a back at how easy expert difficulty has been myself. Only got a few missions left before getting the platinum. Spent a good a while circling the map for those pesky twirlers and musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Maybe I'm just awful at games but I can't beat
    That bloody demon boss in the basement where he makes angels.

Driving me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yeah, I must say I've been taken a back at how easy expert difficulty has been myself. Only got a few missions left before getting the platinum. Spent a good a while circling the map for those pesky twirlers and musicians.

I always found them on the the first Island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Maybe I'm just awful at games but I can't beat
    That bloody demon boss in the basement where he makes angels.

Driving me nuts.

Try this, i only spoilered it incase people want to figure it out themselves
    hang off the side of the platforms (facing him) where you get your power source and blast em from there, he cant hit you once you're there.

Advertisement