Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infamous second son (Playstation 4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Try this, i only spoilered it incase people want to figure it out themselves
    hang off the side of the platforms (facing him) where you get your power source and blast em from there, he cant hit you once you're there.

I never thought of that. I just kept moving and shooting when he stopped firing at me. Took a few attempts and was probably the hardest battle of the game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lertsnim wrote: »
    I never thought of that. I just kept moving and shooting when he stopped firing at me. Took a few attempts and was probably the hardest battle of the game for me.

What difficulty are you on?

I tended to just run and gun with the heavy attack, I'd change between Smoke and Neon to reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm not saying the battle itself was impossible, it was only that it was probably the most difficult in the whole game, which in turns says a lot about how easy the game is I suppose. I played it on Expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Beat him finally. Thanks for the tip!

Enjoying the game again now, but it's not quite as good as the first in the series. I miss grinding the monorail tracks. And I must be the only person thinking this, but I massively prefer Cole to Delsin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Beat him finally. Thanks for the tip!

Enjoying the game again now, but it's not quite as good as the first in the series. I miss grinding the monorail tracks. And I must be the only person thinking this, but I massively prefer Cole to Delsin.

Grinding electricity lines and the monorail was brilliant, but the neon endless run is beastly.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Got my platinum there. Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Finished the game and got my review written. The karma system is still clunky but the gameplay is once again superb. Definitely worth getting if you have a PS4 and a pretty good reason to get a PS4 if you are still on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Got it release day, finally got to play it last night. Looks beautiful, plays great. First true next gen experience and I am loving it. Gonna lose my evening in it later, cannot wait

Platinumed. As others said, Expert mode isn't too difficult at all. Only real trouble it gives is against enemies who shoot a lot, plus enemies not showing up on the hud map. Enjoyed the evil side of the powers, though I missed the good side of the smoke grenade attack which was always good for getting rid of the minor enemies.

Overall, really enjoyed the game. Looks and plays fantastic, and truly feels next-gen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Concrete was really underwhelming. I thought the ability to fly would great, but its so slow its not even worth bothering

Finished it, be a solid 85% for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

nearly finished this..i had this stupid rule where i would only buy games that averaged over 85% on metacritic so id avoid frustrating games..i started breaking it for psn games and then ground zeroes and this.. i find it good brainless fun i like delsin the story is ok ..just wondering are people doing much the side stuff? the spray painting thing with touchpad fair cool..its a 7.5 maybe 8 for me so far..no mission has blown me away..hasnt been a real standout moment id love to repeat..isnt a game i'l be replaying either..wonder will much dlc cum out?i find in value for money this hasnt blown me away at 70 euro but ground zeroes has at 35...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am totally stuck on the very first mission when you get to Seattle. I've retried it about 15 times and the DUP guys just destroy me every time. Can't get near the armoured truck I'm supposed to destroy.

I am totally stuck on the very first mission when you get to Seattle. I've retried it about 15 times and the DUP guys just destroy me every time. Can't get near the armoured truck I'm supposed to destroy.

lower difficulty or alter your tactics go in take one out retreat get health back and in to combat again.. repeat..stay in cover and pick them off if your struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

brady12 wrote: »
    nearly finished this..i had this stupid rule where i would only buy games that averaged over 85% on metacritic so id avoid frustrating games..i started breaking it for psn games and then ground zeroes and this.. i find it good brainless fun i like delsin the story is ok ..just wondering are people doing much the side stuff? the spray painting thing with touchpad fair cool..its a 7.5 maybe 8 for me so far..no mission has blown me away..hasnt been a real standout moment id love to repeat..isnt a game i'l be replaying either..wonder will much dlc cum out?i find in value for money this hasnt blown me away at 70 euro but ground zeroes has at 35...

I finished all the side missions earlier (bar
    the one blast shard you can't get till the end
    ). I have done for every Infamous game, and I always want to collect every blast shard to get the most out of the powers.

I've actually really enjoyed the boss battles to be honest, but the standout moment for me is just the general traversal of the world, it feels great.

I'm definitely going to play it again, but go the evil route. It's definitely been value for money for me, and is my favourite PS4 game thus far, albeit there hasn't been much competition yet.

lower difficulty or alter your tactics go in take one out retreat get health back and in to combat again.. repeat..stay in cover and pick them off if your struggling

Eventually got past it. Just jumping in and out of cover. You seem to be much weaker at the beginning than I remember Cole was in inFamous 1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

i find in value for money this hasnt blown me away at 70 euro but ground zeroes has at 35...

You really need to shop around more. Whatever about Infamous.. I'm not even sure how you paid 35 for MGS since it's 30 on the store.

My thoughts on the game were -

Its good. Really good. Its definitely the most 'next gen' game I've ever played, and most grahically impressive game I've seen as well. The game is much more refined in certain aspects than its predessors, refining the upgrade system, making blast shards less of a pain to find, better melee combat, etc. I liked Delsins powers much more than Cole's. Seattle was a great city to explore, sucker punch did a great job on it. I preferred how it was a constant enemy throughout the game, and they didn't try to shoe horn in monsters. And maybe even more importantly in an open world game, mobility is king, all 4 powers have a great mobility sense to them, so no more slow climbing. Solid 8/10.

But. Its not perfect. And it comes down to the same thing that held the other two back, how the karma affects the story.
    Delsin was a bit of a douche, sure. Too much to say for him. But never did I get the impression he was quite the murdering scumbag you get when you played the evil side, it doesn't work. Douchebag guy does not equal, kill a man while he's begging for mercy
    Maybe its just me, but I preferred Cole and Zeke to Delsin and Reggie.

And the powers. Smoke and neon I thought, were great. I always had fun using them.
    Video and concrete
    felt ****e though, like they didn't really know what to do with them, and giving you a power right at the end of the game felt weird. I much preferred Cole's solo electric abilities overall. And there's still little niggles. Like enemies still have that weird knock down effect. Some still take way too long to kill. But thats a nit pick. Great game :)

The problem with the Karma system is if you play to be good, you have to be good all the time to unlock further powers, and similarly so for evil. It takes any moral choices out of the game because if you don't keep continuing down whatever path you chose, you'll be underpowered.

What they should have is that you can choose to unlock powers which could earn you good karma (subduing enemies) or bad karma (killing enemies) regardless of your current karmic alignment. Level up through general XP rather than good/evil karma. That way you can be a lot closer to neutral, and can choose the evil choice in some cases while still being good overall.

Penn wrote: »
    The problem with the Karma system is if you play to be good, you have to be good all the time to unlock further powers, and similarly so for evil. It takes any moral choices out of the game because if you don't keep continuing down whatever path you chose, you'll be underpowered.

What they should have is that you can choose to unlock powers which could earn you good karma (subduing enemies) or bad karma (killing enemies) regardless of your current karmic alignment. Level up through general XP rather than good/evil karma. That way you can be a lot closer to neutral, and can choose the evil choice in some cases while still being good overall.

I was chatting to a friend before who made the point that the good vs. evil distinction is important in more traditional comic book lore, which is where inFAMOUS basically comes from.

Rather than giving you a neutral position, I think they should stick with the two arcs but give you one decision at the start that decides your path. From then on, you are rewarded for actions that go along with that choice and punished for going off script. The other decisions are then already made and just cutscenes.

was two thirds way through this and wasnt that impressed..after break of few days went back and finished the story..last third was savage when got video power it made game feel awesome..better game then i thought before the break..prob a 85% ish game..doing some side stuff now..any way checking how many hours iv put into this?to repeat,video power is awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

was two thirds way through this and wasnt that impressed..after break of few days went back and finished the story..last third was savage when got video power it made game feel awesome..better game then i thought before the break..prob a 85% ish game..doing some side stuff now..any way checking how many hours iv put into this?to repeat,video power is awesome :)

Spoiler tags man, spoiler tags!

I'm pretty close to the end now and just haven't enjoyed it as much as the first two. I still haven't warmed to Delsin and
    Reggie dying took away the best character but didn't have that much of an emotional impact

Final mission was a pain in the hole.. Hard.. One screw up and it was all over..

Anyone have any tips on how to beat the
    Demon
    boss? I've feel as though I've been banging my head against a brick wall for the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Demon
    boss? I've feel as though I've been banging my head against a brick wall for the last hour.
    Move around alot and keep looking for different power sources. Also, when the ground starts going down get to the air things that send you really high as fast as possible

Demon

It is relatively easy.
    Hang from the ledges of the platforms to avoid the demon's attacks. In the latter half of the battle, take out his surrounding angels from the ledge too. Then pop up and fire the missile-like projectiles to damage him once he stops firing.

I used to hang from the platforms that had smoke powers as once the platforms start to fall, I could then double jump and glide to the next area easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Haven't gotten around to finishing it yet but I have to say that having all the collectables on the map is the business . Never bothered before looking for those in games but might even try and get platinum on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Finished my evil playthrough and didn't get the expert trophy. Must not have switched the difficulty soon enough. It's stupid how you don't get asked before you begin like nearly all other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Finished my evil playthrough and didn't get the expert trophy. Must not have switched the difficulty soon enough. It's stupid how you don't get asked before you begin like nearly all other games.

What I did to make sure was when I finished my Evil playthrough and carry on, change the difficulty to expert and then start a new game and it will already be on expert. I just started my hero expert playthrough last night.

A sure fire way is to load up any save file, change to expert and then start a new game. Not ideal but it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

What I did to make sure was when I finished my Evil playthrough and carry on, change the difficulty to expert and then start a new game and it will already be on expert. I just started my hero expert playthrough last night.

A sure fire way is to load up any save file, change to expert and then start a new game. Not ideal but it works.

I'll leave it for a good while now. Don't feel like redoing it again so soon after finishing it twice.

It's actually pretty easy on expert. Didn't die at all on the last level because you know how to do it

• Advertisement

Patch details
    I have some good news for you. We’ve made great progress on the inFAMOUS Second Son patch on PS4 I promised you a couple weeks back. In fact, we expect to publish it on PSN tomorrow, April 17th.

Now first, let me update you on the specifics I promised, and then toss in a few extra goodies that we managed to squeeze in when nobody was looking. First — addressing one of the top two requests we’ve gotten — you’ll be able to disable the HUD, and once you’ve finished the game you’ll be able to adjust the time of day as you like.

We also promised, and have included, an option to cap the game frame rate at 30 FPS if you prefer playing this way. To set expectations for you all: this is a frame rate cap — not a lock. It won’t eliminate the rare instance of a dropped frame during gameplay.

But that’s all stuff you expected. Let’s talk about a few surprises, saving the best for last:

A handful of localization text changes, and a couple of fixes for rare crashes in the game (Thanks to all of you who uploaded reports on those, they were extremely helpful!).
    If your controller runs out of batteries in the middle of gameplay, your game will pause. Our art director pulled a hamstring scrambling to get his second controller mid-boss-battle, so we needed to fix this.
    If you’re choosing expert difficulty, we let you know within the options dialog if you’re qualified for the “Unstoppable” trophy the moment you opt in.
    Photo Mode.

Wait, what’s that last one? We were totally amazed at the quality of the screenshots you all shared. Amazed. So we thought we’d try to help you all out. With this patch, you can enable photo mode within the options. Once you do that, clicking L3 will pause the game, and allow you to use a suite of our internal tools (like setting depth of field) to take even more amazing shots.

To hold you over until the patch goes live tomorrow, check out the brief video tutorial above showing how the Photo Mode works!

Final full disclosures and fine print: these options and settings, including frame rate, will reset to defaults each time you restart the game. We chose to not disturb our game save file format with this patch in order get these features to you as quickly as we could. Additionally, Photo Mode will only work in situations where the camera is freely movable by players. In scripted sequences/cutscenes you can still take screenshots of course, just not with the Photo Mode tools.

We hope you enjoy the new tools and the Photo Mode, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with! Enjoy, and talk again soon.

Advertisement