Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*HELP* Religion Tomorrow

Options
  • 12-06-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey all,
    what are the most important things to revise religion tomorrow? Is there any way of predicting what's going to come up? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Sorry wish I could help you sadly I don't do the subject. Goodluck with it mate, don't prioritize religion over science whatever you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Hey all,
    what are the most important things to revise religion tomorrow? Is there any way of predicting what's going to come up? Thanks

Unless you are 100% sure that you will get an A tomorrow in HL Science then don't even think about Religion. It's a lot like CSPE to be honest and you can just waffle your way through it. As our History teacher once told us, " Who on earth is ever going to ask you what did you get in Junior Cert Religion in 3 or 4 years time, It's not a real subject". Hahaha Funniest history teacher on Earth by a mile and a half :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Sorry wish I could help you sadly I don't do the subject. Goodluck with it mate, don't prioritize religion over science whatever you do :)

I don't do science so I have more time to study

I don't do science so I have more time to study

Why???? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

You'll waffle your way through the exam.. study if you want but like :L If you have other exams study for them if not, than go ahead and study for it.

• Advertisement

I THOUGHT SCIENCE WAS COMPULSORY FOR EVERY STUDENT IN IRELAND BESIDES PEOPLE WITH A DISABILITY :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sorry, what? You're a secondary school student and you don't do science? This is actually optional?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sorry, what? You're a secondary school student and you don't do science? This is actually optional?

There are a number of schools which don't have Science teachers due to cutbacks, or never had and don't have a lab.
    The level playing field of Irish education.

Yeah, I live in Meath and in my school science is an option. I didn't like science so I didn't pick it :D Lucky me!

spurious wrote: »
    There are a number of schools which don't have Science teachers due to cutbacks, or never had and don't have a lab.
    The level playing field of Irish education.

WOW :eek: No Science teachers, You know now I sort of know why most of the JC Science teachers in MY school must be so horrible. Maybe they had to make cutbacks about 5 years ago and then became desperate for any science teacher or maybe they made maths teachers who don't have a degree in Science teach it, like my Science teacher.:mad:

If schools don't have Science for JC though they should be closed down because that puts students at a disadvantage for Leaving Cert Biology, Chemistry or Physics. Man and I thought my school was a hellhole!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

At the moment, if teachers retire, they are in some cases not being replaced. You may have noticed your class groups getting bigger. This is all part of it.

The last person to get a full hours teaching position in our school was about 10 years ago.

Regarding the Religion exam, I suppose read the questions carefully and give them what they want. I don't think it would probably be the best place to start a serious critical essay regarding religion.

spurious wrote: »
    At the moment, if teachers retire, they are in some cases not being replaced. You may have noticed your class groups getting bigger. This is all part of it.

The last person to get a full hours teaching position in our school was about 10 years ago.

2 teachers are after retiring this year in my school. I just wasn't interested in science

Yeah, I live in Meath and in my school science is an option. I didn't like science so I didn't pick it :D Lucky me!

More like extremely unlucky, disadvantaged for Leaving Cert you who now won't be able to do about half of the careers out there in Ireland that are related in any way to Science.

Our school ATLEAST let's everyone do every subject for JC so that nobody in first year makes any stupid decisions that have horrible consequences. The only options we got were to choose either French/German and to choose between Art/ Music/ Home Ec/ Classical Studies / Tech Graph / WoodWork

More like extremely unlucky, disadvantaged for Leaving Cert you who now won't be able to do about half of the careers out there in Ireland that are related in any way to Science.

Our school ATLEAST let's everyone do every subject for JC so that nobody in first year makes any stupid decisions that have horrible consequences. The only options we got were to choose either French/German and to choose between Art/ Music/ Home Ec/ Classical Studies / Tech Graph / WoodWork

Wow, I did French, Business & Home Ec. Home Ec is sort of a science :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Well, if you're concerned about Religion, don't be. The main factor in Religion exams is to write as if you care about Religion and long answers (try to fill all space provided). For the essay question, choose something that's similar to morality. You will get more marks for writing about how religion has influenced your ability to act in a moral way or that religion has influenced you and that it makes you think more positively. Even if it hasn't at all influenced you, the examiners will most like give more marks for this. For questions about a "Community Of Faith", it seems to be that many schools choose Saint Vincent De Paul which imo, is the best decision and it's easy to get information about them. For this question, quote from the bible with sentences such as "Friendliness is at the core of Saint Vincent De Paul's community and they strongly believe in biblical lessons such as, Matthew 7:12: Do to others as you would have them do to you." Always attempt to add a personal interest in the subject such as "My uncle/auntie is currently volunteering in the Saint Vincent De Paul community."

Regarding the actual exam, it depends entirely on your choice of "other World Religion", my class studied Islam, so I'd have a fair knowledge on that, personally I stay clear of all Christianity questions when possible and go for the questions which are just "From this picture, what can you see that shows that there's tension?". However, if you want to do very well in religion, even if you're an atheist, think as if you're a religious fundamentalist. Anyway, as finisher489 said, Religion isn't exactly "important", it's nice to get an A in every subject if possible obviously. However, don't stress out at all. Religion is much like History and all other subjects apart from Maths & English(Which require that you do homework and practise), as long as you listened in class, you'll do well. Best of luck with your exams!

Well, if you're concerned about Religion, don't be. The main factor in Religion exams is to write as if you care about Religion and long answers (try to fill all space provided). For the essay question, choose something that's similar to morality. You will get more marks for writing about how religion has influenced your ability to act in a moral way or that religion has influenced you and that it makes you think more positively. Even if it hasn't at all influenced you, the examiners will most like give more marks for this. For questions about a "Community Of Faith", it seems to be that many schools choose Saint Vincent De Paul which imo, is the best decision and it's easy to get information about them. For this question, quote from the bible with sentences such as "Friendliness is at the core of Saint Vincent De Paul's community and they strongly believe in biblical lessons such as, Matthew 7:12: Do to others as you would have them do to you." Always attempt to add a personal interest in the subject such as "My uncle/auntie is currently volunteering in the Saint Vincent De Paul community."

Regarding the actual exam, it depends entirely on your choice of "other World Religion", my class studied Islam, so I'd have a fair knowledge on that, personally I stay clear of all Christianity questions when possible and go for the questions which are just "From this picture, what can you see that shows that there's tension?". However, if you want to do very well in religion, even if you're an atheist, think as if you're a religious fundamentalist. Anyway, as finisher489 said, Religion isn't exactly "important", it's nice to get an A in every subject if possible obviously. However, don't stress out at all. Religion is much like History and all other subjects apart from Maths & English(Which require that you do homework and practise), as long as you listened in class, you'll do well. Best of luck with your exams!

Thats really helpful! Thank you

Advertisement