Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD to Micro SD

• 12-06-2013 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm just trying to find some information.

My dad has a tablet device, but its only card reader is is for a Micro SD card, but both his camera's use regular SD cards, so his unable to transfer his photo's onto the tablet.

So my question to you is...

Is there some sort of adapter to facilitate the connection of a SD Card to a MicroSD slot

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

http://dx.com/p/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-27001

Not the prettiest, and may not be workable if the card slot is internal on the tablet. If the tablet has USB OTG functionality, could you plug a normal usb card reader into it? Alternatively, use a microSD in an adapter in the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

3 usb hub and 10-in-1 card reader in lidl last i checked, 7.99 (bought one a week ago, may be some stil available). Im sure much better prices can be had on amazon for similar card readers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

For the future, he would be better off buying a new microSD card with an SD adapter (you can buy the two in one pack, most mobile phone and gadget shops sell them), then put the whole unit (the memory card inside the SD adapter) into the camera and when he's taken photos, just whip out the microSD card and put it into the tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

coylemj wrote: »
    For the future, he would be better off buying a new microSD card with an SD adapter (you can buy the two in one pack, most mobile phone and gadget shops sell them), then put the whole unit (the memory card inside the SD adapter) into the camera and when he's taken photos, just whip out the microSD card and put it into the tablet.

That would make the most sense to me. I'd actually be more inclined to buying one of them than buying an SD to Micro SD adaptor and just transferring everything onto the 1 Micro SD.

Advertisement