Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOL - EFT Beneficiaries

Options
  • 12-06-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Howdy,

Relatively new to BOI's BOL and it's fairly confusing.  Is there somewhere I can find a set of instructions for the steps needed by both the CUA and the regular user to add and authorize a beneficiary?

I have a SuperUser group set up and the user is added to that group.  However, when she tries to authorise a beneficiary it says "No Authorisers established.  Contact your CUA."

I (as CUA) went to the "EFT/BACS Beneficiary Authorisation" screen and clicked "Add".  Response: "No Instruction Groups have been setup".

My kingdom for a manual.  Help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi TheAvenueToff

There is a step by step guide on the BOL website, if youclick on the ‘Top tips for using Business on line’ in the ‘Help and Support’ option, the link of which is below.

https://www.boi-bol.com/features/FAQs/MainScreen2.htm

Also if you click onthe ‘Contact us’ located on the top right of the website main page, you will find the contact numbers needed to reach the BOL helpdesk and a Representative will be happy to arrange for our Training department to contact you directly.

Thanks for Posting

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheAvenueToff

Hi Paula,

Thanks for responding.  Before posting, I had followed the steps on the screen you linked.  I followed procedure 5 (A) and at the final step, after I put in my credentials, it fails to authorise saying "No Authorisers established.  Contact your CUA."

Do you have instructions on how the CUA can set up Authorisers?  Is there are CUA manual?

TAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi TheAvenueToff

Sorry to hear you arehaving such difficulty with the navigation of the BOL website.

There is a CUA manualthat covers everything you need to know.

We would advise youto contact the BOL helpline on 1890 818 265 and a Representative will be able to send you one and go through it all with you.

Thanks again forposting.

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheAvenueToff

For anyone who encounters the same issue:
    • Go to Admin->Authorisation->Authorisation Limits
    • On the EFT/BACS Beneficiary Authorisation tab, reselect "1" from the dropdown list.  NOTE: Do this even if it's already selected.
    • Save

Your authorisers should be good to go now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi TheAvenueToff,

We are delighted you got this sorted and would like to thank you for taking the time to share this information with other users.

If there is anything else we can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 thetowen

• On the EFT/BACS Beneficiary Authorisation tab, reselect "1" from the dropdown list.  NOTE: Do this even if it's already selected.
    • Save

[*]

[*]
    Your a life saver I've been trying to set this up since forever!! Did you ever get a copy of the CUA manual???

• Registered Users Posts: 25 NickFromTipp

• Save

[*]

[*]
    You are a legend Sir. I've just spent an hour trying to figure this out until I found your posting.
    Since the SEPA changes, it is now mandatory to have authorised beneficiaries used up in the BOL app. Before, you could make an adhoc payment. I was never able to get beneficiaries set up before.
    Gotta say though, the BOL app has got seriously buggy since they made the SEPA changes - it's a shocker.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

About right, it's even worse since SEPA came in, before that, it was possible to enter a payment instruction, and then use the system to copy the instruction, and change the date, so effectively setting up a series of payments, but that's no longer possible, and to blame SEPA for that is incomprehensible.

Now, each entry has to be entered in full, despite the fact that it could well be that the only change is to the date of payment. 

Then there's the shambles of not being able to accurately match lodgements made through the lodgement ATM system, the reference number on the slip from the machine is not carried through to the statement, the information on the statement is useless in terms of providing an accurate audit trail for accounting purposes. and if the person making the lodgement makes a mistake on the total, or (more accurately) the LATM can't correctly scan a cheque, the value amount of the lodgement is not a check either, so the ONLY way to reconcile the lodgements is the date, there is NO other reliable information, such as the lodgement slip number that has been in use ever since lodgement slips were introduced. 

The business banking on line system is a disgrace, it's slow, unreliable, not available when it's supposed to be, the "scheduled maintenance" periods are becoming more and more frequent, they over run the time they are supposed to last, the status page is not updated to show what is going on, and yet they still have the nerve to charge €15.00  a month for what can only be described as a diabolical and desperately out of date system that is so long past it's sell by date it's no longer funny.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hardyspicer

Thanks A lot :) , I'v been having the same problem,

In general this bol system is so cumbersum!!!

BOI need to hire some interaction designers fast to redesign it.

And it needs to work on the Mac (and ipad, android etc) too! (I have to use a cracked copy of winXP in a virtual machine, not an ideal situation for my business)

Advertisement