Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 Science Papers Thu. June 13th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Junior cert1997

It must be?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

That was such a silly question. It's not in any science book, and everyone I know just guessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Junior cert1997

Was the experiment on co2 in your books cos it wasn't in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

I said Violet. Happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.

R = Richard (Refracted the least)
    V = Violet (Refracted the most)

First and last of the spectrum colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I found that paper really hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kaylee101

For the graph on electricity aren't current and voltage supposed to be directly proportional? Was that a mistake in the paper because they weren't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

MomijiHime wrote: »
    I found that paper really hard...

I didn't find it very hard but it was a strange, challenging paper. Hoping for a B

kaylee101 wrote: »
    For the graph on electricity aren't current and voltage supposed to be directly proportional? Was that a mistake in the paper because they weren't?

I saw that aswell, I thought they made a mistake. Every 0.4 voltage units it was proportional, however.

juniorcert wrote: »
    That's what I said too, just had to guess, such a weird question though. Hopefully we're right :)

According to someone above it was violet. Hah, I was happy hearing that cos I said red first but then rubbed it out and wrote green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Sorry I haven't been on in a while I've been so busy :L It's my birthday today :3

I loved that Science paper! I thought it was lovely. Biology was lovely! The very very first question was a bit off-putting but when I read over it, it wasn't that bad! :P

Chemistry was lovely apart from the CO2 question. I had to make that completely up. It had a hair dryer and a beehive shelf and everything :L:L I said grey for the iron sulfide as well! It was definitely greyish-slivery when we did it :confused:

Physics was grand apart from that dispersion question. I literally didn't know what the were asking for, so I said spectrum! I feel so stupid now! Oh well :rolleyes:

Other than the odd mishap, I loved that paper<3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't been on in a while I've been so busy :L It's my birthday today :3

I loved that Science paper! I thought it was lovely. Biology was lovely! The very very first question was a bit off-putting but when I read over it, it wasn't that bad! :P

Chemistry was lovely apart from the CO2 question. I had to make that completely up. It had a hair dryer and a beehive shelf and everything :L:L I said grey for the iron sulfide as well! It was definitely greyish-slivery when we did it :confused:

Physics was grand apart from that dispersion question. I literally didn't know what the were asking for, so I said spectrum! I feel so stupid now! Oh well :rolleyes:

It's your birthday today, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Wow, what an awkward exam. Lucky to get a B to be honest. Was hoping for an A, but I suppose I got my hopes up, I have an awful teacher and we haven't had tests since 1st year.

Happy Birthday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Think I got the B. Happy enough, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Happy Birthday! :D
    Thank You :3

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Happy b,day budy.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Science was difficult enough. I hope I get a C.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Didn't do well in that exam. I really wish our teacher gave us a proper mock paper in February though instead of some random questions he picked out from the Folens Sample Papers. I would have known where I needed to improve if it weren't for that stupid mock and my horrible teacher.

God, I cant even write a single sentence on JC Science without mentioning my goddamn teacher.:D

The thing that bothers me the most is that my parents are forcing me to do 2 science subjects ( Biology and Chemistry ) and if I get lower than a B in that exam then my school will put me in a class with another horrible teacher and a bunch of friggin slackers.

Oh dear, HL Tech Graph on Monday Morning, (got 29% in the mocks):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Happy Birthday!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

good test didnt know the sulfur table, never did it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

That question on calculating the resistor was a right put off. I got 3 different answers, so I just put an obvious question mark as if to say how is that possible. :P

The paper was so so, could have been easier but I felt it was better than the mocks.

That question on calculating the resistor was a right put off. I got 3 different answers, so I just put an obvious question mark as if to say how is that possible. :P

The paper was so so, could have been easier but I felt it was better than the mocks.

for the salt thing i got a straight line then rubbed it out and did directionaly proportional cause i thought it was wrong... epic fail, oh well i had an amazing coursework, im sure i got at least 33 in that out of 35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

for the salt thing i got a straight line then rubbed it out and did directionaly proportional cause i thought it was wrong... epic fail, oh well i had an amazing coursework, im sure i got at least 33 in that out of 35

The questions that got me was that refraction of light and the CO2 one. The refraction of light question could have been worded way better though, hopefully they realise that...

The questions that got me was that refraction of light and the CO2 one. The refraction of light question could have been worded way better though, hopefully they realise that...

yea wats the right answer for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 topbloke

I did a question and then I realized the answer was wrong so I scribbled it out and redid it on the back, I hope I still get marks for that question...

topbloke wrote: »
    I did a question and then I realized the answer was wrong so I scribbled it out and redid it on the back, I hope I still get marks for that question...

Why wouldn't you? That's what the back is there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SuperMattDude

Why are you all blaming your teachers , you know what they say a bad work man always blames his tools :L

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Why are you all blaming your teachers , you know what they say a bad work man always blames his tools :L

I agree, some teachers are absolute tools. Too true.

• Advertisement

If you had my teacher you would not be as quick to criticise...

Advertisement