Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 Science Papers Thu. June 13th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I agree, some teachers are absolute tools. Too true.

HAHAHAHA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Why are you all blaming your teachers , you know what they say a bad work man always blames his tools :L
    a)Good Teacher + Good student = Deserved results

b)Good teacher + Lazy student = Bad results

c)Bad teacher + Good student = Disappointing results

Most of my teachers are C but some are A :).

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

If you had my teacher you would not be as quick to criticise...

Yeah he properly goes to one of the poshest schools in Ireland or something and thinks that all Irish teachers are amazing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

HAHAHAHA :D

Yeah, I chuckled too.:)

Yeah he properly goes to one of the poshest schools in Ireland or something and thinks that all Irish teachers are amazing :P

Ah sure it all makes sense now! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

a)Good Teacher + Good student = Deserved results

b)Good teacher + Lazy student = Bad results

c)Bad teacher + Good student = Disappointing results

Most of my teachers are C but some are A :).

Agree 100% !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Masterful Sponge

How many marks go for the entire science exam including coursework b?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Grand total: 600 marks.

How many marks go for the entire science exam including coursework b?

600 :) 150+ 60+ 390.

So I only need 510 marks... Sorted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 emzana

what was the one about the graph on salt? There was no figures on it so I didnt know what to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

doing past papers without notes i managed to just scrape an a but that exam was (hopefully) a b.
    everyone in my year was pretty disappointed though so

emzana wrote: »
    what was the one about the graph on salt? There was no figures on it so I didnt know what to say?

It was 40 g or something, it was hidden at the end of the paragraph at the top, which I didnt read:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

yea wats the right answer for that?

No idea I just said red, it was like that year they asked when the pupil was black. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emzana

It was 40 g or something, it was hidden at the end of the paragraph at the top, which I didnt read:rolleyes:

oh right I didn't either! ah well it was only 3 marks

emzana wrote: »
    oh right I didn't either! ah well it was only 3 marks

Yup! :)

You only need 510 marks so if you get full in course b and then you can afford to lose 80 marks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

You only need 510 marks so if you get full in course b and then you can afford to lose 80 marks :)

actually 90 i think, i calculated it during the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

actually 90 i think, i calculated it during the exam

On iPod, not trying to quote.

That was a horrible paper, science is one of my favourite subjects and I found a lot of other papers grand but the one of the topics on this suited me!

That question about the environment was terrible.

Biology really threw me off at first - human reproduction which I'd completely forgotten was on the course!

Took me a while to find the salt, it was in the question.

I was delighted when the equation I learned came up!

Does anyone else think the SEC made a mistake with the electricity graph? Doesn't it violate Ohm's Law because it's not directly proportional?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

On iPod, not trying to quote.

That was a horrible paper, science is one of my favourite subjects and I found a lot of other papers grand but the one of the topics on this suited me!

That question about the environment was terrible.

Biology really threw me off at first - human reproduction which I'd completely forgotten was on the course!

Took me a while to find the salt, it was in the question.

I was delighted when the equation I learned came up!

Does anyone else think the SEC made a mistake with the electricity graph? Doesn't it violate Ohm's Law because it's not directly proportional?

it was the 2 that were off were due to experimental error.... and i wrote the damn wrong equation didn't read it fully..... i knew them soooooo well I can still recite them... I believe my coursework was amazing i halved all the lines and still filled up the extra space halved and i went in great detail and spend ages on my diagram. Never been so proud in my life... Im really hoping for that a since im doing 4 sciences next year

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Hi,
    I was wondering do they ever reduce the marking scheme for science because that science experiment, everyone got caught in that 18 marks !!!
    That could be my difference between A and B

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

It wasnt really a mistake because you would not get exactly a straight line increase there might be +/-0.1 if you did the experiment on the Ohms law . Ithink the answer was meant to be 1 ohm cos if you roud off the rest of the figures you should be fine

onlinenerd wrote: »
    It wasnt really a mistake because you would not get exactly a straight line increase there might be +/-0.1 if you did the experiment on the Ohms law . Ithink the answer was meant to be 1 ohm cos if you roud off the rest of the figures you should be fine
    0.4v/0.4i = 1ohms

You were meant to take figures from the table, not the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I got like 1.1Ohms. I had no idea what I was doing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Should be fine because thats what I did but rounded it up to 1:D

I got that too!

With the Ohms question, they allow a range between 0.90 - 1.10. If you got between them two figures, then you get the marks. The graph should be a straight line ... because the current is directly proportional to the voltage supplied, so it has to be straight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

With the Ohms question, they allow a range between 0.90 - 1.10. If you got between them two figures, then you get the marks. The graph should be a straight line ... because the current is directly proportional to the voltage supplied, so it has to be straight. :)
    Mine was slightly off being straight :O Damn it, I should of remembered that from the experiment we did xD

Was the line for the salt a straight line along the 40 x-axis?

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Mine was slightly off being straight :O Damn it, I should of remembered that from the experiment we did xD

Was the line for the salt a straight line along the 40 x-axis?
    Yea, they gave away easy marks. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

My line was off for the ohms (If I am thinking of the right one) because of their figures. It's not up to me to fix that.

Advertisement