Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC 2013 Science Papers Thu. June 13th, 2013 - OL and HL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    My line was off for the ohms (If I am thinking of the right one) because of their figures. It's not up to me to fix that.
    I got a straight line and I followed the figures, although I had to rub it out a few times because I kept miss placing the points, maybe you did that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I got a straight line and I followed the figures, although I had to rub it out a few times because I kept miss placing the points, maybe you did that too?

Nope, my line was very slightly off after following their figures.

24qp8bb.png

I could have easily mixed up the two axis again though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

24qp8bb.png

Hey
    Guys wtf is up with this,
    My line was not straight, I doubled sure twice to make sure the points arwe in place

zubikhan wrote: »
    Hey
    My line was not straight, I doubled sure twice to make sure the points arwe in place

Beats me. That physics section wasn't fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

What ya get for the washing machine question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Hey

Yeah, after making my points and drawing the line I was freaking out that they were not matching up exactly!

Think it was €7.

I had no calculator ... but i've got 7000 euros for the 7 weeks. I know I messed up .. ugh :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

24qp8bb.png

Mine was the exact same! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Think it was €7.

Woo! Got that and was thinking it was a bit cheap!

• Advertisement

I remember doing exam questions before and a similar question to that graph came up. The points weren't totally aligned, but you were still meant to draw a straight line, like Cr4pSnip3r's (damn complicated name).

I remember doing exam questions before and a similar question came up. The points weren't totally aligned, but you were still meant to draw a straight line, like Cr4pSnip3r's (damn complicated name).

That's just a tad bit ridiculous. If they want to make the point that the relationship between the two is proportional, the question should give exact points that allow for such a line, or they should just ignore making a graph and just directly ask "What is the relationship between.." and so forth.

That's just a tad bit ridiculous. If they want to make the point that the relationship between the two is proportional, the question should give exact points that allow for such a line, or they should just ignore making a graph and just directly ask "What is the relationship between.." and so forth.
    What did you expect? It's the SEC making the papers :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. Think they want to catch us out. Tsk tsk SEC..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I reckon they'd still give full marks.. All we did was what we were asked to do. Plot the points on the graph.

Yeah, I know. Think they want to catch us out. Tsk tsk SEC..

Catching someone out and setting them up to fail is rather different. I understand you are to see the relationship, but as I was told by my Irish teacher, "Even if you know that a person is 45, if the comprehension tells you it's 44, you say they're 44."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

F**ck you Science and the person who created the ridicioulus exam

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

F**ck you Science and the person who created the ridicioulus exam

Yeah, do the SEC even realise that the Science exam means a lot to people who want to be in good Leaving Cert classes for Biology/Chemistry/Physics.

They designed a paper that was so misleading and awkward that even the best of the best could easily make mistakes in.

Well done, SEC and The Great Ruairi Quinn, you never fail to give JC and LC students a hard time with your goddamn exams especially last years LC Project Maths Paper 2 that had a question so hard that the leading authors of the LC Project Maths supplement couldn't do it.:rolleyes:

Yeah, do the SEC even realise that the Science exam means a lot to people who want to be in good Leaving Cert classes for Biology/Chemistry/Physics.

They designed a paper that was so misleading and awkward that even the best of the best could easily make mistakes in.

Well done, SEC and The Great Ruairi Quinn, you never fail to give JC and LC students a hard time with your goddamn exams especially last years LC Project Maths Paper 2 that had a question so hard that the leading authors of the LC Project Maths supplement couldn't do it.:rolleyes:
    As long as I get my A ... you won't see me banging on Ruairi Quinn's door :).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

I will be SO mad if I don't get my A because of that misleading paper! All the previous years were grand for me and then this one comes along :(

Well I wrote along the side of the page 'Ohm's law, which states that at a given temperature voltage is directly proportional to current in a circuit, means this data is inaccurate as it violates the Law.'

Ugh. Damn paper. I got the salt question eventually but I think it was meant to catch out people who didn't read the full paragraph.

I'm very unhappy with the exam because instead of testing our knowledge or capability normally it had ridiculously awkward questions designed to catch us out. I know the whole Science course and can theorize well, doing Young Scientist and everything. But that paper was unfair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

As long as I get my A ... you won't see me banging on Ruairi Quinn's door :).

Hahaha,:D but didn't you mention that your teacher didn't do the Coursework A with you so if you don't get the A it's actually your teachers fault because its 10% gone out the windows:pac::pac::pac:

Hahaha,:D but didn't you mention that your teacher didn't do the Coursework A with you so if you don't get the A it's actually your teachers fault because its 10% gone out the windows:pac::pac::pac:
    Well, maybe they checked my school last year and they won't this year because it'll be a waste of time .. I dunno, he never mentioned it, I wonder if he actually forgot about it ... :p. I would kill my teacher and probably if I get a B..

I will be SO mad if I don't get my A because of that misleading paper! All the previous years were grand for me and then this one comes along :(

Well I wrote along the side of the page 'Ohm's law, which states that at a given temperature voltage is directly proportional to current in a circuit, means this data is inaccurate as it violates the Law.'

Ugh. Damn paper. I got the salt question eventually but I think it was meant to catch out people who didn't read the full paragraph.

I'm very unhappy with the exam because instead of testing our knowledge or capability normally it had ridiculously awkward questions designed to catch us out. I know the whole Science course and can theorize well, doing Young Scientist and everything. But that paper was unfair!
    You entered Young Scientist? :D What did you do your project on? I might enter it next year :p, i'm determined to win! ;)

I will enter Young Scientist next year and prove once and for all, that it does, indeed, blend.

I will enter Young Scientist next year and prove once and for all, that it does, indeed, blend.
    Wana team up if you're in the Dublin area? :D

Wana team up if you're in the Dublin area? :D

I've never not lived in Dublin, so... maybe.

I've never not lived in Dublin, so... maybe.
    Making a new science exam paper could be our project XD proving that the SEC fail at making exam papers some times.

Making a new science exam paper could be our project XD proving that the SEC fail at making exam papers some times.

I don't know, the SEC might lock us away forever for such shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 suargasm

do you have to pass the theory paper to get the 35% in the project?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I really want my A in science because I am looking forward to doing the science Olympiad challenge in DCU(I think)

Advertisement