Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mgmt fees - why? what?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

tp25 wrote: »
    No, no need for the wires, but if you insist this can be done...

there is no problem to get 15-20 hours of light from these

15-20 hours of light for several months on only 5-7 charge per day, where's the magical energy appearing from? Will they give as much light as current street lights for the whole 20 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

Del2005 wrote: »
    15-20 hours of light for several months on only 5-7 charge per day, where's the magical energy appearing from? Will they give as much light as current street lights for the whole 20 hours?

they will give more light...

please read more about smd led technology.

Ignore the numbers as these are outdated and used another suppliers, so for the moment just compare the pictures:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016849/Council-unveils-UK-s-LED-street-lights.html

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

What about looking at something like cutaway grass growth regulator to cut down on landscape costs

as we see there are areas to make significant savings and reduce overall costs... I imagine lending to estate agencies with properly written plan should be available.

as we see there are areas to make significant savings and reduce overall costs... I imagine lending to estate agencies with properly written plan should be available.

Lets try put the management back into estate management :D

I suppose that comment is a little unfair

But paying 250 euro a year

Then I have to add on myself for

Bin Collection
    Hedge Cutting
    Gutter Cleaning
    Window Cleaning
    Driveway Cleaning
    Back Garden Maintenance
    Painting Doors and windows
    Fence Painting
    Insuring House
    Property Tax
    Household Charge
    Water Charges
    Parking Discs

The 250 a year for the green to be cut and the protection of me not being sued if someone breaks a leg on it seems a bit steep

There has to be savings !!

And before Im lashed out of it....I know I will be at the next agm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

tp25:

The only thing you have proven so far is how knowledgeable you are in the vagaries of estate/property management.

I for one would certainly support you should you decide to participate in the actual committee- i have a feeling though that the reality of the position would soon make you realise that things are never as simple as they seem!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

All these ideas would need money up front, where will this come from? If people can't pay their fees now? Also people will not help out with keeping the area grass etc tidy, would be great idea but in reality it will end up a few people doing it who will eventually get fed up! I've seen estates without mgmt agents and they look dreadful! I struggle with money like everyone else but worked out a deal to pay by dd because I want to keep my the area looking good. All these suggestions/ideas should be brought up at agm, which unfortunately usually only have a handful of the same faces every year. So instead of everyone talking on boards, (which will get nowhere) maybe should start getting involved with the residents assoc

tp25:

The only thing you have proven so far is how knowledgeable you are in the vagaries of estate/property management.

I for one would certainly support you should you decide to participate in the actual committee- i have a feeling though that the reality of the position would soon make you realise that things are never as simple as they seem!

Fair point but if it means more people have the ability to pay without falling into ridiculous arrears its got to be worth a go

LMC wrote: »
    All these ideas would need money up front, where will this come from? If people can't pay their fees now? Also people will not help out with keeping the area grass etc tidy, would be great idea but in reality it will end up a few people doing it who will eventually get fed up! I've seen estates without mgmt agents and they look dreadful! I struggle with money like everyone else but worked out a deal to pay by dd because I want to keep my the area looking good. All these suggestions/ideas should be brought up at agm, which unfortunately usually only have a handful of the same faces every year. So instead of everyone talking on boards, (which will get nowhere) maybe should start getting involved with the residents assoc

Could the committee maybe highlight the date that is set for the AGM because I honestly never see any correspondence through the door in relation to it

I remember in the days of Wyse there was always communication happening

PS Whats the harm in bouncing ideas on boards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Well I get notification every year & if not I ring and find out :)

• Advertisement

tp25:

Don't worry EU will force it through regulations, but this will take some years...

savings can start sooner than EU impose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I always get notification in the crescent. Who's your agent?

Just counting around the spine road alone and there were 40 lights on the green so TP25 why don't you get your quote based on the 40 lights in the green.

Assuming they don't need cables or electricity you can take the top off the existing ones, disconnect the cabling internally below and bolt on your new lights.

Also to note your light specifications suggest a maximum of 20 hours light from a charge of 6 hours strong sunlight.

Methinks that at most you will get approx 14 hours maximum in the summer and that's with Irish sunlight charging it. But sure 14 hours light is no use when there's only 7 hours of night.

I always get notification in the crescent.
    Methinks that at most you will get approx 14 hours maximum in the summer and that's with Irish sunlight charging it. But sure 14 hours light is no use when there's only 7 hours of night.

Is there willingness to get these replaced or not?

I always get notification in the crescent. Who's your agent?

Just counting around the spine road alone and there were 40 lights on the green so TP25 why don't you get your quote based on the 40 lights in the green.

Assuming they don't need cables or electricity you can take the top off the existing ones, disconnect the cabling internally below and bolt on your new lights.

Also to note your light specifications suggest a maximum of 20 hours light from a charge of 6 hours strong sunlight.

Kenndy Wright and to be fair as far as I can see communication is lacking......if the same 5 people keep turning up to AGM it means theres a problem with communication

I think this was highlighted with the reaction to the parking signs being erected not a lot of people knew what was happening, that has to be saying something about communication to shareholders and maybe that is what gets peoples backs up

Yeah possibly, I know with the crescent we did door drops, posted notes on the exit doors and also called everyone via KW

Is there willingness to get these replaced or not?

If you can find someone to fund the capital yes, but realistically the money isn't there to invest in them right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I can only praise Kennedy Wright since they have taken over in Seabourne View, constant updates, agenda of AGM and minutes delivered promptly and addressed to the owner directly. A big step up from WYSE in my opinion.

LMC wrote: »
    Well I get notification every year & if not I ring and find out :)

Last summer I visited the offices twice and they did not have the date. I asked for it to be emailed to me and nothing

I cant dedicate my life to finding out when a meeting is on

I can only praise Kennedy Wright since they have taken over in Seabourne View, constant updates, agenda of AGM and minutes delivered promptly and addressed to the owner directly. A big step up from WYSE in my opinion.

Well something is going wrong down here, unless people that have been in arrears were being left out of correspondence

If you can find someone to fund the capital yes, but realistically the money isn't there to invest in them right now.

Can we make a plan and present to the bank (showing forecast of future savings and capital required for the upgrade)?

to repay the loan we will present the ability to save on consumption and the amounts collected from fess for e.g. 2014-2017

This can be done through the management companies.

• Advertisement

Last summer I visited the offices twice and they did not have the date. I asked for it to be emailed to me and nothing

I cant dedicate my life to finding out when a meeting is on
    Usually the date isn't decided by the directors till about 6 weeks in advance.

They abolished to give one months notice I believe

Can we make a plan and present to the bank (showing forecast of future savings and capital required for the upgrade)?

This can be done through the management companies.

The bank won't lend to a management company because the risk of default is massive especially because the management company isn't a revenue or profit generating business with no assets.

Also a business loan would obliterate any savings achieved (interest). The street lamps out there I think are sulpher based and aren't overly expensive from what I gather

You would probably need a 100% vote at agm to force everyone to invest in a multi year loan. I know a a a director I wouldn't vote in favour of it because we can barely get members to commit to this years payments let alone a loan over 10 years

Usually the date isn't decided by the directors till about 6 weeks in advance.

They abolished to give one months notice I believe

Look maybe Im wrong a lot of people on this seem to be well informed Im just giving you my experience thats all

The bank won't lend to a management company because the risk of default is massive especially because the management company isn't a revenue or profit generating business with no assets.

Also a business loan would obliterate any savings achieved. The street lamps out there I think are sulpher based and aren't overly expensive from what I gather

You would probably need a 100% vote at agm to force everyone to invest in a multi year loan. I know a a a director I wouldn't vote in favour of it because we can barely get members to commit to this years payments let alone a loan over 10 years

Is it that bad I thought the disc parking would have given people the kick up the behind they needed

Maybe a bit of debt forgiveness might get things moving along again

Is it that bad I thought the disc parking would have given people the kick up the behind they needed

Maybe a bit of debt forgiveness might get things moving along again

Then we would have to give everyone debt forgiveness. Also that wild then leave the company in financial difficulty.

The management company really only deals with the estates day to day and outgoing expenses.

If we forgive debt we would have to find the money somewhere else because that money is likely to be an outstanding bill etc.

The budgets are calculated based on actual costs plus a sinking find. It's not money that can be just forgotten, if we can't pay then our suppliers will end up coming after the company.

We already have one judgement against us and that plenty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

In the Grove/Park the mgmt fee also covers block building insurance for the house, which is probably worth about €200 (as you don't need additional buildings cover on your house insurance). Perhaps this is because they're timber-framed.

Do owners in the Wood/Court pay their own buildings insurance? What are the relative fees for the different houses (just out of curiosity). IIRC correctly I was paying ~€400 in the Grove, but this was a few years ago.

this would mean that none of the owners in these parts of Charlesland would need to pay for the separate building insurance. I think you mean duplex' only?

The management agents would need to send copies of each year policy renewals to the respective owners in these parts of the estate (do owners have the copies of the policies from the mgmt company?).

As far as I am aware the building insurance policies are quoted on the value of properties (apartments are different to houses).

no they don't need to send the policies to each unit, only the mortgaging bank.

then for any claims they should be processed via the agent.

should have clarified, most of the units in Charlesland are terraced so would be considered a block afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

Yeah the house insurance is a good deal as I wan't aware of it until I went to Kennedy Wright AGM over a different matter so found out I was entitled to a refund off bank as I was insured with them too.

AGMS are well run and they're a good management fcompany, explained they're doing best over drainage problem etc but pipes were badly laid (I'm sure we're not only house that has that rotten smell every so often). Durkans at fault but it's a long drawn process trying to get them to do anything now.

Only thing about the AGMs some of the stuff people moan about is ridiculous like people painting doors a different colour. Look we paid enough for our houses so if my neighbour wants his/her door pink it's their own business!

• Advertisement

What would the yearly cost of landscaping be if you added up what is spent between the different management companies throughout the whole development ?

The woods is 28,000 for this years budget

Would it be possible just to employ a couple of full time grounds people to look after the whole development and then divide the cost of employing them on the basis of the area of land to be maintained within each estate ?

Could this be more cost efficient ?

Advertisement