Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE to ditch the Premier League

124»

Comments

aindriu80 wrote: »
    All those sports are foreign. We really have to support Irish sport and achieve at major competitions. Broadcasting events which are already on the likes of BBC doesn't help Irish soccer.

It will make little or no difference to Irish Soccer. Irish soccer's problems do not stem from the popularity of the Premier League.

As we well know we have men in charge of football administration who dont care about the domestic game and continuously waste resources. Money that should be going back into the game is squandered on junkets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

But then again why should RTE waste money on something that is better covered on a number of other channels. It doesn't come under their remit.

That's why we don't get London local news.

Some people mentioned the huge wages of RTE presenters I would agree with them as well but thats a different matter.

We live in different times from five or six years ago and money just cant be thrown around.

Sometimes I wonder where my wages go :confused:

But then again why should RTE waste money on something that is better covered on a number of other channels. It doesn't come under their remit.

That's why we don't get London local news.

Some people mentioned the huge wages of RTE presenters I would agree with them as well but thats a different matter.

We live in different times from five or six years ago and money just cant be thrown around.

Sometimes I wonder where my wages go :confused:

Yeah fair point but as i mentioned the Premier League is a global brand and i suppose the unique selling point from RTÉ's point of view it gave us viewers an Irish perspective of the league from former Irish pro's in contrast to the perhaps less controversial approach by the Beeb or ITV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tony O'Donoghue on Twitter during the Italy/Japan game -
    @Corktod: And how often does The Prem get this good? #rtesoccer

The case for the ditching it - not enough 4-3 results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭kn

Any news on TV3 etc taking it up. Surely they will be interested at the right price even if it is on 3e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just went looking for this in the listings, had completely forgotten. MOTD has some new faces - Danny Murphy is on tonight. Even as a Liverpool supporter I wish the BBC/ITV/BT etc would look a bit further than ex Reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Highlights also on Setanta Ireland at 8.30 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

lertsnim wrote: »
    Highlights also on Setanta Ireland at 8.30 tonight

Yeah, Setanta won the highlights rights late in the day. They probably got them cheaply seeing as no-one else seemed to be interested. Two highlights programmes each weekend on Setanta Ireland.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/premier-league-highlights-come-to-setanta/
    Every Saturday at 8.30pm, Premier League Central will bring Irish soccer fans highlights of the day’s Premier League matches with a second highlights programme at 10.30pm on Sunday.

Advertisement