Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended iPhone 5 - Vodafone - Unlock

• 13-06-2013 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im with Vodafone, still in contract, have the iPhone 5, currently in the US for 3 months, and wanted to purchase an AT&T contractless bill pay sim card, only problem is, it wont work without it being unlocked.

Apart from jailbreaking, anyone recommend a good service for this? - I have found a few, but they all charge stupid money for it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

It can be unlocked through another family member or friends Vodafone account for free. You won't be able to do it online because its an iPhone so you need your friend to ring and give your IMEI to Vodafone and get it unlocked. Bobs your uncle then...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    It can be unlocked through another family member or friends Vodafone account for free. You won't be able to do it online because its an iPhone so you need your friend to ring and give your IMEI to Vodafone and get it unlocked. Bobs your uncle then...

Oh cool, really? - i tried ringing myself, and the girl on the phone told me because im still well inside my contract, it cannot be unlocked?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

This is the second time in 24 hours that I've had to delete spam by you, naanuprabhu.

Do not post anything like that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Ah-Watch wrote: »

Quick question on this - is the unlocking to do with your own vodafone account and not the phone handset itself, then?

I have an iPhone 4 locked to iPhone which I got on contract over two years ago. The contract is now up and I know I can unlock it online and then sell it.

My Mum's taking out a vodafone contract (she's currently with O2) and getting an iPhone 5 which she's giving to me as she likes her current phone. I'm moving abroad and will need to get this new iPhone 5 unlocked. Will I be able to do this?

When I log into my vodafone it says I have three NAC codes remaining. Can I use one of them to unlock my current iPhone 4, and then another one to unlock the new iPhone 5 when I get it, despite the fact it's coming from a different contract altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Yes the unlocking criteria is more to do with your phone account . They will freely unlock your iPhone now that you are out of contract however if your mam signed up to vodafone and tried requesting an unlock straight away they wouldn't give it to her as she would be in contract. You could however request the unlock as it would appear you have fulfilled your contract and are free to go wherever you like.

Its worth noting thought that 99% of the time you won't be able to unlock an iPhone through my vodafone so you need to ring them and ask them to unlock it. This is waaaaaay quicker than filling out the online forms they ask you to do. Hope some of this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Go onto eBay.ie, put in Vodafone Ireland iPhone unlock and there's many lads unlocking them. I got a few done on there and done properly via apple. €39 I think for an unlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

That's really helpful info, thanks lads! Much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement