Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Qashqai ??

Options
  • 13-06-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am thinking about buying a Nissan Qashqai +2 2011.
    Does anyone have one of theses? are they a good car?
    What is the resale value like?
    I am not sure if they are still making these, would this affect anyone's decision on buying one?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Well if you went to the Nissan website, all will become clear
    http://www.nissan.ie/vehicles/qashqai2/

They seem to hold their value pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Well if you went to the Nissan website, all will become clear
    http://www.nissan.ie/vehicles/qashqai2/

That clears up nothing.

OP the new model is coming out early 2014 AFAIK.

The current model holds its value very well and I would expect it to continue to be a popular seller on the used market but values will take a hit in the long run. To add to that a friend of mine in the know in the UK says the factory is still producing then right now at maximum capacity in Sunderland, 3 shifts a day, 24hrs a day, 7 days a week which is extraordinary for a car with is approaching 7 years old.

Common faults are the rear shocks failing, turbos and injectors on the Diesel engine and some electrical niggles.

Could I advise you to check out the Dacia Duster if you are considering spending 15k on a used Qashqui. It's very similar to the Nissan but it has a bargain basement price tag of 16k new. It uses the same engine, gearbox and many other parts as the Nissan and might tickle your fancy although it lacks the 2 rear most seats.

Those seats are cramped however even for children so if you need them I'd look elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

I've an 07 1.6 petrol at the moment have it a year , bought it for 11k still has low mileage 41k mls taxed and NCT'd and I'm finding it hard to sell...
    But they are great cars never had a bit of trouble with it great driver and very comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

If it's a 2011, it may the pre-facelift model (if it has orange characters in dash, it's pre-facelift, a much bigger and clearer grey dash is the facelifted model). I'd go for a facelifted one if possible, it's a bit more refined noise-wise and there's a few extra nooks and crannies to store stuff in.

I've got a 2012 +2 petrol (having had a 2010 pre-facelift for two years before that). They are comfortable to drive and the equipment level (esp in the facelift model) is good. If you were to look at a new model, there's a run-out series ("360") being sold now with even more goodies (an all-round view parking aid, part-leather seats )

They are unbeliveably dull to drive, though. If you've any weight in them at all, overtaking becomes nigh on impossible (I've driven the 1.5 dci and the 1.6 petrol, I've not driven the newish 1.6 diesel, it may have some poke in it). As has been mentioned above, the rearmost seats are really only for young kids but the boot space is great when the seats are folded away.

Other than a few niggles with the stop-start on the 1.6 petrol, both of my +2s have been very reliable.

In short, it's a competent, well-specced, comfortable but boring way to get from A to B. I'll hang on to mine for a few more years and then change it for something with a little more poke - X5 or Q5 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mikefrommeath

Thanks for the information. I have a very fast look at that duster, Looks nice and very well priced. I have never heard of it before. Whats it like?

ba_barabus wrote: »
    That clears up nothing.

OP the new model is coming out early 2014 AFAIK.

The current model holds its value very well and I would expect it to continue to be a popular seller on the used market but values will take a hit in the long run. To add to that a friend of mine in the know in the UK says the factory is still producing then right now at maximum capacity in Sunderland, 3 shifts a day, 24hrs a day, 7 days a week which is extraordinary for a car with is approaching 7 years old.

Common faults are the rear shocks failing, turbos and injectors on the Diesel engine and some electrical niggles.

Could I advise you to check out the Dacia Duster if you are considering spending 15k on a used Qashqui. It's very similar to the Nissan but it has a bargain basement price tag of 16k new. It uses the same engine, gearbox and many other parts as the Nissan and might tickle your fancy although it lacks the 2 rear most seats.

Those seats are cramped however even for children so if you need them I'd look elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Thanks for the information. I have a very fast look at that duster, Looks nice and very well priced. I have never heard of it before. Whats it like?

In my opinion it's great for the price. I've driven them and found them perfectly acceptable as an A to B car with the purpose of carrying kids around.

It's a little cheap in places and uses older technology and switch gear. Stlying is subjective but I like it.

It's basically a Qashqui but for 10k less new.

Some hate it's styling, others think its cheap and nasty and others will say it's unsafe (read the FULL NCAP report before believing them).

Personally if I needed a family car I'd get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Nissan aren't offering the +2 variant in the upcoming model, so I'm guessing the prices of those won't drop as much as you'd hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Have the 1.5 dci. Plenty of poke in it for overtaking or motorway. Quite economical around 47mpg. Love the seating and the interior ,sve has good spec , one of the most comfortable cars I have driven. Boot a bit small. Some people don't like them, but I can fully understand why they are a huge seller and have superb resale value and in my opinion that says a lot about the car.:cool:

Nissan aren't offering the +2 variant in the upcoming model, so I'm guessing the prices of those won't drop as much as you'd hope.

There's usually a lag before the +2 variant comes out. The facelift 5-seater came out in Ireland around March 2010 but the +2 facelift wasn't around until 2011 or so. I'd be very surprised to hear they were never bringing out a +2 in the new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Yakuza wrote: »
    There's usually a lag before the +2 variant comes out. The facelift 5-seater came out in Ireland around March 2010 but the +2 facelift wasn't around until 2011 or so. I'd be very surprised to hear they were never bringing out a +2 in the new model.

There will be no new Qashqai+2 You will have to buy the new X-trail and take the option of the 2 extra seats if required.

2014_nissan_qashqai_uyviy.jpg

• Advertisement

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    There will be no new Qashqai+2 You will have to buy the new X-trail and take the option of the 2 extra seats if required.

2014_nissan_qashqai_uyviy.jpg

Yeah, I read that myself about a month ago (didn't think to come back and correct my post!). I rang the sales dept in my local Windsor motors, if I heard him correctly they're going to sell this X-trail with a 1.6 engine :(. FFS the Qashqai+2 is bad enough in terms of power:weight, I can only imagine the X-trail being worse). When I change cars again, I think I'll be calling into the nearest Hyundai dealer, I'm very impressed with the new Santa Fé.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Yakuza wrote: »
    Yeah, I read that myself about a month ago (didn't think to come back and correct my post!). I rang the sales dept in my local Windsor motors, if I heard him correctly they're going to sell this X-trail with a 1.6 engine :(. FFS the Qashqai+2 is bad enough in terms of power:weight, I can only imagine the X-trail being worse). When I change cars again, I think I'll be calling into the nearest Hyundai dealer, I'm very impressed with the new Santa Fé.

1.6 DCi which if better than the current 1.6DCi 130 bhp will be a good engine.

The Santa Fe is a superb car but will be a hell of a lot more expensive. The new X-Trail is aimed at Mondeo Insignia buyers.

I suppose a test drive would be in order before writing it off, but having driven both the 1.5DCI and the 1.6 petrol QQ+2, neither were responsive under full load (5 pax and luggage in hilly Spanish motorways). At least the diesel gave decent fuel consumption on the motorway.

The sales chap I spoke to said they're realigning their range so that the QQ will compete with the likes of the ix35 and the X-Trail with the Santa Fé etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Op, did you purchase? If so, what? Happy with it? Did you look at the duster? Curious about them meself...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Op, did you purchase? If so, what? Happy with it? Did you look at the duster? Curious about them meself...

Advertisement