Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Speed down to 1 mbps at Castleforbes Road Apartments

• 13-06-2013 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi Guys,

Just a post to give some attention to the following.

Me and my colleague live in 2 apartmentblocks on Castleforbes Road, Dublin 1.
    Both of us experience UPC problems since a few days.

We both have 100mbps Broadband from UPC.
    And both of us see speeds decrease to about 1 mbps or even lower at around 18:30ish till 01:00.. ever night.

We live in different apartmentblocks, have different routers etc.
    I checked and reset everything in my block, but nothing worked.

We conclude there is some serious issue during peaktimes.
    Anyone else experiencing the same? Please post it here.

tTBh715.jpg?1

hvyNKqN.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

Post a screenshot of the home page of the UPC modem, such as the one below:

258142.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aragornius

I can't there is no such option on the modem.
    I've got a Technicolor TC7200

an engineer from UPC is coming tomorrow though.. apparantly it's got to do with the signal we get here..

Hi Aragornius

I just moved in last week to Castleforbes Square & got UPC installed today.
    From about 9pm tonight it has gone from 70ish MB right down to 1mb / less than 1mb.

And now, as of 11pm, the TV does not work either.

We paid for the 100mb speed too.

Really frustrating, but glad to see I'm not the only person.

Did UPC indicate what was wrong or that they were going to fix it ?

As it was only installed today I still have 9 more days to cancel without penalty, so if this is going to be a regular occurrence I'll go with someone else, work from home a lot so can't be living like this.

How long has this been going on? Is it just a few days?

If it helps when the engineer comes, I'm in Block E and having the same slowness, less than 1mb and now TV has been off for 40 mins "Loss of Signal".
    If needed for you or engineer, send me a message and I can give you my number.

I will also call UPC tomorrow and see what's happening.

SpyGuy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭joostl

Hi Aragornius

From about 9pm tonight it has gone from 70ish MB right down to 1mb / less than 1mb.

As it was only installed today I still have 9 more days to cancel without penalty, so if this is going to be a regular occurrence I'll go with someone else, work from home a lot so can't be living like this.

If it helps when the engineer comes, I'm in Block E and having the same slowness, less than 1mb and now TV has been off for 40 mins "Loss of Signal".

SpyGuy

Hi spyguy,

I'm the colleague aragornius is talking about. I live in block E same as you and I can also confirm the tv stopped working at 11 + that the Internet dropped to less then 1mb again at around 8-9 tonight

Hi Aragornius

SpyGuy

Ok good to know. My colleague across the street has it too. It's been that way all week. I've got a thread on the talk to forum too.

I've only got three days left so hope they fix it tomorrow other wise I'll cancel.

Send me your details. I'll inform UPC. Be sure to PM the UPC reps on the talk to forum too.

Regards,

Aragorn

• Advertisement

Hi Aragon,

Sent you a message there with my number if its needed (but doubt he'll want to speak to me anyway).

I will drop the reps a message too to see what's going on and what can be done.

Let us know how you get on with the engineer tomorrow.

SpyGuy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Athnakill

I live in Block C and i'm having the exact same problem, the internet speed drops and i'm getting the loss of signal on some of the TV Stations in the evening. I only moved in last week so i wasn't sure if it was to do with the move.

Hope they sort this out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

joostl wrote: »
    Hi spyguy,

I'm the colleague aragornius is talking about. I live in block E same as you and I can also confirm the tv stopped working at 11 + that the Internet dropped to less then 1mb again at around 8-9 tonight

I live in Block H we have the same issues and intermittent US faults every 15 mins, we also have an engineer coming next Saturday, this is pretty shoddy service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭joostl

There is an issue with the outside cable that is being replaced. UPC is fixing it at the moment, they expect it to be done today/this weekend.

Atleast that is what the UPC engineer told me

I've been contacted today by the engineer.
    He explained it's a problem with the line to our neighbourhood and they're working hard to fix it. It seemed to me that it's actually a physical problem, from the way he described it, but I also got the sense that he's going to fix it. So I think we're going to be ok.

He said its the whole block that's suffering.

Hang in there guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Hey Folks,
    I live in Block A, North Bank, just around the corner from Castleforbes Rd, the internet has been poor for the last 48 hours, went completely last night. I spoke to UPC technical support this evening and they said there was a problem (pretty much what's been outlined in this thread). She said it was resolved today but my apparent 100Mbps broadband just measured 3.67:eek: on UPC's speedtest.

Evidently there's still a fault. Have any of you guys contacted the Reps on Boards?

Its definetly not fixed the service has been bad all day and still not working now

Same again tonight so guess they didn't fix yet ?

Same again tonight so guess they didn't fix yet ?

Seems not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Living in Block D here
    Been up and down all day again today (sat)

I thought it was my router and rang UPC... who tried to get me to odify my wireless settings and wouldn't listen that it was a modem issue (and not my laptop)

Glad i spotted this thread as the UPC engineer hadn't a clue
    Lets hoep things get sorted soon!

Same again last night

well admitted it was slightly better last night. I played SWtor all night and I only had 6 disconnects... like 20 lagspikes.. and only 4 hours of below 10mbps...

but it's still ****.

My connection just got over 50% packetloss for like 8 minutes...

Aragornius wrote: »
    My connection just got over 50% packetloss for like 8 minutes...

Same here I wonder if they're working on it ir not? Working perfect all morning then same issues again

**** connection again.. over 100 ping and less than 10 mbps.

• Advertisement

**** connection again.. over 100 ping and less than 10 mbps.

Yea 214 ping 1.5 mb download

Quick update from UPC:

Hi There,

Our engineers were working in this over the weekend and beleived they had found the source of the issue and replaced the equipment however the problem re-occured. Investigations are continuing today and we hope to have the root cause found and resolved ASAP.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks, Brian.

would explain the betterish performance over the weekend.

Performance was better over the weekend... in other words:
    The connection didn't DROP all together.. and most of the time we had workable ping times (100+ ish instead of 400+ish) and download speeds that allowed for streaming/browsing..

however.. it was FAR from good or even optimal.

Performance was better over the weekend... in other words:
    The connection didn't DROP all together.. and most of the time we had workable ping times (100+ ish instead of 400+ish) and download speeds that allowed for streaming/browsing..

however.. it was FAR from good or even optimal.

Yup but at least they're doing something tangible and swapping out faulty equipment so fingers crossed

Yup but at least they're doing something tangible and swapping out faulty equipment so fingers crossed

Still not working

went down again..

Just switched to my Mobile connection. Three.

tethering.. and now I have 35 ping ... omg..

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

This must be the whole area problem, not just your block. I am living few streets away from you and it's been terrible for at least a week. Getting less than 1 MB at evenings and pings close to 1000 ms...

heoxX.jpg

zielarz wrote: »
    This must be the whole area problem, not just your block. I am living few streets away from you and it's been terrible for at least a week. Getting less than 1 MB at evenings and pings close to 1000 ms...

heoxX.jpg

Yep still going badly can you pm the upc reps so they have a record and hopefully work faster if more people message them.

Today I got a text saying I was using new Equipment from UPC, however the internet dropped out today totally.
    I cannot load any webpages, but some other services (like skype) seem to connect.. but with high pings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

Yep still going badly can you pm the upc reps so they have a record and hopefully work faster if more people message them.

I contacted them today morning.. I'll be ringing them every day now until they fix it...

Advertisement