Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Speed down to 1 mbps at Castleforbes Road Apartments

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I had downtime with UPC once, just after getting the service in. I got a month credit for my troubles. Make sure you speak to them in person so it's on your account, then you can get onto accounts when it's sorted and demand your credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I called UPC again as the issue hasn't really been resolved. The broadband is faster than last week but still not what it should. I'm suppose to be at 100mbs but it's hitting a maximum of 23mbs on the UPCspeedtest (with a ping of 50)

They said they're going to send an engineer out on Saturday to look at the modem here.

Is there any point as it seems to be a problem in general in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aragornius

No it hasn't at all. nothing changed for me.. I get over 500 ping at night and below 1 mbps downloads..

RIght it's Saturday afternoon.

It's a Double XP weekend on an MMO I play and I keep getting disconnected every 5 minutes.
    I tried repairing a flatscreen monitor while watching a LOW RES guide on Youtube about it.. and it just keeps stopping cause it cannot buffer...

The connection is NON EXISTENT and right now I'm so upset about it I just want to break the whole thing out of the wall.

UPC, you've had 3 weeks to fix this. I know you don't care about 1 customer, but trust me when I tell you that I will tell every single person I know about this crap and I'll make sure you get NO new customers out of new employees with Oracle, Google, Microsoft etc...

I meet all the new hires here and I'll tell all of them how Crap UPC is.. this is just ridiculous.

Worst internet connection and service on it I've ever experienced in my life since I got internet in 1995 over a telephone line in a natural reserve. I've had better internet in the Australian Outback over 3G in 2008... and it was PREPAID and certainly not 60 euros a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

I would recommend you go to the contact UPC section on boards.ie and PM the UPC reps. They generally do not even read this area of boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

• Advertisement

zg3409 wrote: »
    I would recommend you go to the contact UPC section on boards.ie and PM the UPC reps. They generally do not even read this area of boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

Way ahead of you. But thanks Anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

FYI. My speeds have improved. Getting around 17Mbit on a 30Mbit broadband..

seems they finally fixed it.

2 weeks without incident.. and we're back to Square one..

eSwAvhU.png

this is tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

It's still fine in my place. 21 ms ping and 20 Mb downloads.

• Advertisement

yes now it is...

but an hour ago it wasn't.

Ok at mine too it seems, but only testing on iPhone, still I'm getting normal ping max download (50 on iPhone) and normal upload.
    Will test on laptops tomorrow and see.

Was ok last night too actually on laptop, streamed movies lasts night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭joostl

my internet dropped for about 10minutes in castleforbes last night at around the same time. Was fine the rest of the evening

Advertisement