Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function room?

Options
  • 13-06-2013 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi
    Can someone suggest a function room in North Dublin, that is small enough to look full with a party of around 50 people. A nice room too, not just a room on top of a pub, unless of course it's a nice room.
    I'm doing our own catering and don't need the staff to do it. we will need tables & chairs & Sound equipment.
    any suggestions pls?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

http://dcyc.ie

It's the community centre in Donnycarney, decent enough, from what I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

the function room over the Comet pub in Santry is nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

emzolita wrote: »
    the function room over the Comet pub in Santry is nice enough.

No its not, the toilets are filthy, the beer is 70c dearer upstairs and the drink is left lying in lines for weeks when its unused.

The pub itself is decent but avoid the function room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Diana1987

Thanks everyone, I looked all of your suggestion but still couldn't find anywhere :-/ my gusts area round 50 and I a looking for evening time.
    If someone could give me more option would be great.
    Thanks

jay1988 wrote: »
    No its not, the toilets are filthy, the beer is 70c dearer upstairs and the drink is left lying in lines for weeks when its unused.

The pub itself is decent but avoid the function room.

I only threw a party in there 3 weeks ago, they had just finished painting it. The tables are old pub tables, yes, so I covered them with purple tablecloths. I put purple tea-light jars on each table and had silver and purple helium balloons around the place. It looked really nice.
    I have to say the toilets were grand. They weren't glamorous, but defo not dirty. They also let us buy prosecco in their off license and charged a 3 euro corkage charge which was good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

The Abbey Tavern in Howth is lovely..

I only threw a party in there 3 weeks ago, they had just finished painting it. The tables are old pub tables, yes, so I covered them with purple tablecloths. I put purple tea-light jars on each table and had silver and purple helium balloons around the place. It looked really nice.
    I have to say the toilets were grand. They weren't glamorous, but defo not dirty. They also let us buy prosecco in their off license and charged a 3 euro corkage charge which was good.

Dear emzolita
    I went there, the place was ok, may I ask how much they charge u? And did u do food? I found the place a bit dark what do you think?

Diana1987 wrote: »
    Dear emzolita
    I went there, the place was ok, may I ask how much they charge u? And did u do food? I found the place a bit dark what do you think?

I hired my own caterer, but had to use their DJ. he was pretty good. I had to pay 200 for the DJ and put a 300 deposit on the room, which I got back, in full, the next day, no hassle.
    I didn't think it was dark, here's a pic with the room in the background 970005_10151440164778379_245914390_n.jpg

I hired my own caterer, but had to use their DJ. he was pretty good. I had to pay 200 for the DJ and put a 300 deposit on the room, which I got back, in full, the next day, no hassle.
    I didn't think it was dark, here's a pic with the room in the background 970005_10151440164778379_245914390_n.jpg

Thanks emzolita, we had great party in comet pob last night :-)

Advertisement