Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discovery Channel gone on analogue?

• 13-06-2013 9:54am

Guys I'm not very au fait with the tech terms these days and don't post here much so please bear with me. The parents still have analogue with UPC (old people not liking change and all that). My Dad informs me that since yesterday afternoon his favourite channel, Discovery, has been just a black screen.

I rang UPC and didn't really get a satisfactory response. They're not aware of a fault and the rep said the channel may either be gone for good on analogue or that I should try a re-tune.

I was wondering would anybody have any information and save me a trip to my parent's house and about thirty minutes doing a scan for the channel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Well it is on here in Dublin so there doesn't seem to be a policy of pulling it off air .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

All 17 Channels working for me too in Dublin

Correct as of today 13/06/2013

CH 05 / 176 MHz - RTE Two
    CH 06 / 184 MHz - TV3
    CH 07 / 192 MHz - RTE One
    CH 09 / 200 MHz - UTV
    CH 10 / 208 MHz - TG4
    CH 11 / 216 MHz - BBC One NI
    CH 12 / 224 MHz - BBC Two NI
    CC 11 / 232 MHz - Sky1
    CC 13 / 248 MHz - Setanta Ireland
    CC 15 / 256 MHz - 3e
    CC 16 / 264 MHz - Nickelodeon/Comedy Central
    CC 17 / 272 MHz - MTV
    CC 18 / 280 MHz - Sky News
    CC 34 / 408 MHz - Sky Living
    CH 21 / 471 MHz - E4
    CH 30 / 543 MHz - Channel 4
    CH 34 / 575 MHz - Discovery Channel

NICAM sound available on all channels except 3e and Sky Living

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

When they internet enable an area Discovery moves from the first channel to, as shown, the last channel during a scan. They normally send a note when areas are changed from non-internet able to internet, to rescan.

Have they lost channel 4 and E4 too? If so then a re-scan may bring back both. However I would get confirmation from UPC, as if it is temporaily not working, a re-scan will remove it from their lineup.
    Channel Frequency notes
    The Discovery Channel 48 MHz phased out, moved to UHF
    Channel 4 56 MHz phased out, moved to UHF
    E4 64 MHz phased out, moved to UHF
    RTE2 176 MHz
    TV3 184 MHz
    RTE 1 192 MHz
    UTV 200 MHz
    TG4 208 MHz
    BBC 1 216 MHz
    BBC 2 224 MHz
    Sky One 232 MHz
    Setanta Sports 248 MHz
    Channel 6 256 MHz I assume now 3e
    Nickelodeon/Paramount 264 MHz
    MTV 272 MHz
    Sky News 280 MHz
    LivingTV 408 MHz
    E4 471 MHz (UHF Ch21)
    Channel 4 543 MHz (UHF Ch30)
    The Discovery Channel 575 MHz (UHF Ch34)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81946628&postcount=32

By the way basic digital (called digital value) with a grey non recording box, actually works out cheaper, than analogue only. You cannot order it through the website. If you don't want to use the digital box then just don't use it and still keep the savings as the analogue will contine to work. It saves a couple of euro per month. You can only order "digital value" over the phone and not through the website (not listed there). An idea of digital value channels are here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57607006&postcount=9
    When you visit it might be handy to access the extra channels too.

Advertisement