Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunsaughlin 10K

Options
  • 13-06-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

The 34th Michael Manning Memorial 10k Road Race and Fun Run will take place on June 22nd 2013.

Anyone doing this ???

Did it last year and found it a great race. A race for runners by runners...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

MisterDrak wrote: »
    The 34th Michael Manning Memorial 10k Road Race and Fun Run will take place on June 22nd 2013.

Anyone doing this ???

Did it last year and found it a great race. A race for runners by runners...

Im gonna have to miss this for the first time in 4 yrs. Gutted. Great race, hopefully the weather will behave itself on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

tunguska wrote: »
    Im gonna have to miss this for the first time in 4 yrs. Gutted. Great race, hopefully the weather will behave itself on the night.

Calf still giving you problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

pconn062 wrote: »
    Calf still giving you problems?

Its getting there, feels a lot better this week, just gotta resist the urge to race for a while and I'll be good to go soon enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll be there with bells* on

*polyester

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Anyone got a link to enter this? The one on the Dunsaughlin ac website wasn't working when i tried last week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Weetabix wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to enter this? The one on the Dunsaughlin ac website wasn't working when i tried last week.

Works now, leads you to the Precision Timing website.

Great that they're doing it, not like they made a mess of races lately or anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good race, not around for it this year though!

Strawberries at the end are a nice touch, unless someone eats yours while they're "holding" them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh will probably do it although I have the Docklands Run on the Thursday, the Pride Run on the Friday and then this on the Saturday....:) Too much?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

fletch wrote: »
    Yeh will probably do it although I have the Docklands Run on the Thursday, the Pride Run on the Friday and then this on the Saturday....:) Too much?

Have the Docklands one and then Dunshaughlin myself.... but Friday will be spent in the hot tub! :)

Dunshaughlin is a nice run, well organised and pretty flat overall. There was a bit of a drag, I think around 7k, but very little in terms of hills outside of that. Good support along the route as well. It was my first ever 10k last year, so holds a special place in my heart. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I'm entered for this race, looking forward to it.
    Did it last year, nice route though I recall a hill the seemed to go on for about a mile around the 6-7k mark?
    Hoping to get under an hour, though I seem to have developed a bit of sciatica that slows me down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

This is my home race, can't wait. Would like to go sub-32 but will take sub-40 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

anybody know where i can find the previous years race results and yes i did check

http://www.dunshaughlinac.com/results.asp

beforehand but its a bit blank. need to determine how slow i ran last year so i can adjust for a slower predicted time this year!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

emerald007 wrote: »
    anybody know where i can find the previous years race results and yes i did check

http://www.dunshaughlinac.com/results.asp

beforehand but its a bit blank. need to determine how slow i ran last year so i can adjust for a slower predicted time this year!

Try here:
    http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/racetimer?v=%252Fen%252Frace%252Fshow%252F891%253Flayout%253Dprecision_timing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

cheers - but i'll also looking to for those prior to 2012
    2011 any good to you?

2011 any good to you?

yes and no. handy to see the results but i didn't actually run that year. 2010 results anybody? checking the 2012 team results has started a search for the cup which needs to be returned by saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

yes and no. handy to see the results but i didn't actually run that year. 2010 results anybody? checking the 2012 team results has started a search for the cup which needs to be returned by saturday
    Results don't seem to be available any longer (link is dead). You could flick through the Mooney's photos on RacePix and see just how bad you looked, though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

The Michael Manning Memorial Cup has received its final daily (annual!!) shining and will be returned to Dunsaughlin AC tomorrow evening prior to race start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

After having done a boot camp on Thursday and the Pride 5k on Friday I considered not doing this one as I was fairly tired. With the weather not looking the best I was going to give it a miss but im glad I didn't. The last time I did it was in 2010 and it was a scorching evening so I have real fond memories of this race. I remember the support was some of the best I'd ever seen and once again the locals were out in force this evening. I decided to take it easy so paced myself about 10secs a km slower than my 5k time so it actually felt easy. The "hill" at 6.5k seemed a lot easier than 2010 and I managed to pass a good few people struggling. The wind seemed in our favour for nearly the whole race except around the 8k mark. I managed to break my PB by 40 seconds so I very happy given how under the weather I felt. Another lovely technical T-shirt and great spread after. Couldn't fault anything really except for the start which had a lot of slower runners starting up front but its a nice wide road so they were quickly dispensed with. Amazing winning time from Mark K.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Super race. One you really can't fault. Everything is right, from the registration to the start to the officials calling out the splits every mile and the feed after is legendary.

Huge PB for me tonight in 38:29, taking over a minute off my previous time.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

menoscemo wrote: »
    Super race. One you really can't fault. Everything is right, from the registration to the start to the officials calling out the splits every mile and the feed after is legendary.

Cracking run Niall, fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

1st time doing this race and it's the best race I've run - everything was spot on from parking, registration, huge support, km and mile markers and water tables. Amazing spread afterwards and nice technical top.

Oh and a 42 second PB was nice too :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Yes, a cracking race alright... Even better with a 1:30 improvement on the PB ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Short course ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TRR wrote: »
    Short course ;)

You are some c*nt TRR. Totally ruthless. Slashing the hopes and dreams of novices, pacers and even fellow clubmates. Any more lows you could possibly stoop to? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Nice one meno. Great run!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

You are some c*nt TRR. Totally ruthless.

Totally ruthless is right. Until he begs people to take his autograph that is. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Excellent stuff Meno, keep it up.

Advertisement