Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunsaughlin 10K

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Well done Meno, thought I saw you at the start line, great running.

Happy with my own run, PB also of 39.32. Stayed in the village last night, not too fresh this afternoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Basster wrote: »
    Well done Meno, thought I saw you at the start line, great running.

Happy with my own run, PB also of 39.32. Stayed in the village last night, not too fresh this afternoon!!
    Stand outside in that wind for 2mins and you'll soon freshen up!
    Well done on a great time...first sub 40?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Might be an idea!

Yep thanks Belcarra, did 40:00 on the nose last year and I've been a bit more consistent this year so knew what sort of time I should be hitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Magic race. Can't decide between this and Ballycotton for the title of best Irish race. Took a whopping 4 seconds off my PB, but just glad to have run almost a minute faster than I did in the humidity of Abbeyleix last week. Wind was a factor, but we had it in our favour for a couple of miles too. Didn't notice the hills as much as I did last year. Speaking of which, last year I finished 33rd, in 35:23. This year? 38th in 34:48. It's getting better every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »
    You are some c*nt TRR. Totally ruthless. Slashing the hopes and dreams of novices, pacers and even fellow clubmates. Any more lows you could possibly stoop to? :mad:

Just keeping it real man. Your friend Greg Mcmillian predicts a 3hr marathon based on that 10k time, you should give Waterford a shot next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Brilliant race. It's the little things that separate races like these from the rest:
    -The people calling out splits at each mile marker
    -Running toe to toe with a London Olympian for the grand total of about 50 metres
    -Every single household out on the roads cheering on the runners
    -The sense of history you get when you see the names of all the previous winners laid out in front of you're struggling towards the finish
    -...and then the finest spread of food you've ever laid your eyes on to cap it all off
    Not even one of the most miserable summer evenings you could imagine would detract from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

Echo the points well made by KielyUnusual.

Happy race for me, first time under 36 in 35:34. Good running by all the boardies.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

I echo what everyone else has said.
    This is consistently the best & most well organised race I run all year.

The only (minor) criticism is that there is no starting timer mat so depending on how long it takes to get over the start line it can add a few seconds on to your time.

But otherwise a brilliant race. Great support, amazing spread afterwards, great route, plenty of water stations, calling out splits at the mile markers etc.
    And a pb by 18 seconds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Had a great time at this one yesterday. Congrats to all the organisers on a perfectly executed event - though they need to work on the weather co-ordination ;)

My race report is here if anyone has any interest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My second time doing this race, last year's was my first 10k ever. Knocked 5 mins off last year's time, so was delighted to get my 47 mins this year - especially as I had only done the Docklands 10k on Thursday. Took about 30 seconds off the Docklands time which I did not expect given the hills and conditions at the end.

Well organised race, great spread afterwards also. Missed the clock on 5k this year, but the people calling the times at various different points was good.

I saw a runner down at around 8k, anyone know if he was ok? Hope it was a minor problem, always hate seeing runners down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

my first time doing this and it was a "lovely Irish Summers evening" for it...wind, rain, sun etc :rolleyes: sunglasses wer off, on off you get the picture!!!
    I thought the course was lovely with lots of supoport despite the rain and wind and great getting the splits meant not having to check the watch!!

no teeshirt for me as only first 500 entries got them and i left straight after the race so didn't experience the grub but i'll definitely be back next year.
    First sub 50 for me and i like to keep it tight ;) 49.59(gun time) !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Cracking race & savage amount of cake at the end :p

I was only saying to Krusty at the start that I dread 10K, least favourite distance, but really enjoyed this one. Definitely back next year

Advertisement