Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocking iPhone through service provider - How long?

• 13-06-2013 10:40am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How long does it normally take to unlcok an iPhone through your carrier? In my case eMobile.

On the phone with them last night and they said it could take upto 14 working days!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

godtabh wrote: »
    How long does it normally take to unlcok an iPhone through your carrier? In my case eMobile.

On the phone with them last night and they said it could take upto 14 working days!

Most say to allow up to 10 days. eMobile seem to be clueless when it comes to iPhones.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Generally find that it's very efficient, 48hrs max in many cases. Depends of course on the operator and eMobile may not be the best in this domain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

culabula wrote: »
    Generally find that it's very efficient, 48hrs max in many cases. Depends of course on the operator and eMobile may not be the best in this domain.

No sooner had I thanked your post I got an email to say the phone was ready to be unlocked!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just reading the message emobile sent.

Doest the network unlock only work once?

No sooner had I thanked your post I got an email to say the phone was ready to be unlocked!

I move in mysterious ways.

• Advertisement

Just reading the message emobile sent.

Doest the network unlock only work once?

Well, the network unlockest for ever. Once unlocked, it is now in factory-unlocked state and will never relock to a network.

culabula wrote: »
    Well, the network unlockest for ever. Once unlocked, it is now in factory-unlocked state and will never relock to a network.
    During this process, your iPhone will detect the SIM of a new network operator and iTunes will deploy the necessary 'Carrier Bundle' to the phone. This contains the correct settings for the new network operator, which also includes the operators' 'Network Lock'.

This means that your iPhone will then become locked to the new network.

Once the syncing is complete your phone is now ready for use with another network operator.

If you need to unlock your iPhone again you will need to contact the network operator the phone is now locked to. You can find this information by going to settings > General > About and beside 'Carrier' the network operator will be displayed.

I hope you find this information useful.

Thats what it says in unlocking guide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

its wrong. once its factory unlocked its unlocked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

See post #2....

Utter tosh, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement