Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie and its help towards results.

Options
  • 13-06-2013 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Well, before I went on boards.ie, I was just studying from my book and doing exam papers. I than found out about the "Junior Cert" section here and said I've had a look. The predictions/notes/accounts espicially for history and business have really helped. Has boards helped too boost your results or not?

For my Leaving Cert, I'm also looking forward to the helpful threads and for the JC are you excited to see what fellow boards.ie members get?

Post your honest opinions

- cfc.forever

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I've joined boards.ie because I was trying to dodge study before the mocks started, I was willing to do anything to advoid study :p. But i've also joined so I could share my experinces, opinions and suggestions with like-minded people who all aim to achieve one goal, 10 As ;). I've found this website, especially this section of it very useful when I wanted to have silly questions answered or basic opinions and advice. Also, a sense of pride hits me when I know I did good and helped someone on boards.ie, like I helped them to get from point A to point B the best I can.

I'm looking forward to helping the new boardsies who will enroll into the Junior Cert forum on September. We would help them prepare for the exams and tell me not to panic, which probably won't work. ;)

Overall, Boards.ie is a very useful site and I believe everyone who wants to share their thoughts and improve in anything, would make an account. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Very valid points. I'm looking forward to help new boardsie too

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

To be perfectly honest, if I didn't know of the Junior Cert page on here I'd be having issues to have acheived as well as I could in subjects such as Business & Science. So thanks to everyone who posted with help on subjects, even if it was a minor thing that didn't really matter, it was still helpful. ^^

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Up boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭claryfray

My only regret is, I wish i had joined boards earlier! (also studied more ha ha)

I think if I had joined earlier I would have studied earlier because when other people are posting about studying it puts the pressure on, and when people are posting notes it makes you want to return the favour and post some notes for them aka. study pretty much!

At the end of the day the JC really isn't THAT important...but I am grateful that I'll know about boards for the Leaving Cert and I'll study earlier + help others/get help on boards earlier too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I didn't really look at the notes or predictions much on boards but I like the company and discussions over the year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

I don't think it was really a place for me to learn notes and predictions, I just have enjoyed talking about the Junior cert and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Really just took up time that I could have used to study. I like it more for the people than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

Good point Arnie

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭OisinLAD

I found Boards by looking for a Sample Answer of "An t-Ádh".. Ended up using it in my exam ;)
    Boards saved me for English and Irish Big Time.. I've had 6/7 different teachers altogether in both subjects for the last 3 years and to honest.. It was totally ****ed up :L
    Special thanks to DublinArnie though cause your notes AND predictions were unreaaal. (I'll stop licking your ass now)..

• Advertisement
Advertisement