Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Plant Machinery Leaving OZ

Options
  • 13-06-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Was talking to a chap that is involved in large scale global construction projects he was telling me that there is a major movement of large scale plant machinery from W.A into Africa at the moment.

He was pointing out that the same thing occurred in Ireland previously.
    Don't attack me just telling you what a chap who is involved in multi-million dollar construction projects who has his fingers on the pulse is saying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

It's only logical, enough mines up and running to meet current ore demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Yeah, that's true, or at least insofar as several haul packs have left the mine I'm involved with for East Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Yeah, was working on a road near Fremantle port and the old traffic controller was on about how there was more big truck/parts going into the docks than coming out of it and he had never seen the like of it before, he was going on about how the mining companies are focusing on Africa in general now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I travel to Freo frequently and it will be interesting to see if new car imports slackens off in the near future.

Advertisement