Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Cocoa mulch toxic to Cats and Dogs

• 13-06-2013 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I just read something about Cocoa mulch being toxic to cats and dogs. Apparently it contains the same toxic ingredients that is found in chocolate and caffeine. Somebody lost their dog after it suffered a seizure and died while out for a walk after eating some of the mulch. There are no warnings on the bag that it is potentially deadly to pets. Better safe than sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Thanks, that's good to know. My two will eat anything that isn't nailed down and I'm planning on sorting out a new garden bed at some point over the summer. The area will be fenced off by then (my garden is turning into a maze of fences and runs :o ) but better safe than sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement