Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new zealand

• 13-06-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Whats the work situation in nz like ? Im an excavator operator .i used to drive fairly large ones. Ive heard money is not great .my wife and son are not coming with me its purely to work and save . Ive also been told by a company there called hydrotech drainage (drain cleaning truck) there would be work for me . Im unsure wat to do as i already have a working holiday visa for oz but everyone keeps telling me things are getting bad there any. Any advice especially from any machine drivers over there . I have over 8 years experience on 60ton machines full truck licence and hazchem licence

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 9seamie

Hey Paddy there is plenty of work down in Christchurch with the earthquake rebuild and will be for a long time, Im a machine driver in the logging industry Processors/harvesters/loaders etc there is loads of jobs in this trade too but you may not have experience in the forestry. good machine drivers typically earn $25 - $30 an hour. if you are coming by yourself you can live cheaply if you want to save , but my advice is if you can, bring your family there is a great way of life over here. check out this website for jobs www.tradme.co.nz
    Hope this helps, best of luck whatever you decide to do Seamie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paddyk83

Thanks .my wife has just started her final year in nursing and wouldn leave her familly anyway .so my only option is a working holiday visa .i have one for oz but im only hearing negative things about there .and everthing seems positive in nz.and i woudn have forrestryvexperience but id like to think im experienced enough to pick it up i also have a full artic licence.

Advertisement