Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty item, cost of postage?

Options
  • 13-06-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I recently bought an electronic item from an Irish website (they also have a retail store, but not close to me). Within a month, the item stopped working. I emailed them and they have asked me to post it back to them and they will replace it, which is fair enough. I am just wondering, am I liable for the price of postage to return the item? The item is small, but quite heavy so is likely to be quite expensive to return to them. I emailed them asking them about this, but they haven't got back to me yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the item is defective, then the retailer must cover the cost of postage. This might mean that they arrange for a courier to collect or that you post at your expense and they reimburse you.

If posting, always make sure to send via registered post so that you can be sure that the item gets delivered.

Advertisement