Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAT Testing

Options
  • 13-06-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was thinking of maybe starting up a small business providing this service.Is there many companies out there providing pat services?

More importantly are companies carrying out pat testing on their electrical equipment be that internally or using external contractors?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Might be an idea to get test the waters yourself before committing to a company. Contact some manufacturing companies and ask them how they carry out PAT testing and how often.

I've worked in companies where they've sent a lad off on a course and did there own testing so as to avoid hiring a contractor.

I've also seen large manufacturing companies bringing in the same tester year after year.

There's no definitive answer but I'd be willing to bet it'll be a hard slog getting up and running with contracts etc. Try and get a few potential clients first then see how the overheads of a company stack up against the potential profit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1
    Good advice I would think.

Advertisement