Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for studying German?

Options
  • 13-06-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Just wondering if you guys have any tips on how to study German?

I am not sure what to study tonight, but I want to do well ..!!

I am probably just going to practice listening from the exam papers, and look over my hardback (full of vocabulary)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

German is my favourite subject, probably the subject I have the most time for. When learning, use the tapes and then learn off verbs and grammar for the letter. You'll pick up vocabulary from the tapes too remember. Then the verbs will allow you to write more. Remember when writing sentences like "I am learning German for the past three years" not to write "Ich bin lerne Deutsch seit drei Jahren" and it's just writen "Ich lerne Deutsch seit drei Jahren" that's why grammar is important or you'll lose marks for expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

German is my favourite subject, probably the subject I have the most time for. When learning, use the tapes and then learn off verbs and grammar for the letter. You'll pick up vocabulary from the tapes too remember. Then the verbs will allow you to write more. Remember when writing sentences like "I am learning German for the past three years" not to write "Ich bin lerne Deutsch seit drei Jahren" and it's just writen "Ich lerne Deutsch seit drei Jahren" that's why grammar is important or you'll lose marks for expression.

Can you also say Ich bin seit drei Jahren Deutsch gelernt?

Use "Ich lerne Deutsch seit drei Jahren." Tenses are all over the place.

Use "Ich lerne Deutsch seit drei Jahren." Tenses are all over the place.

Thanks

No problem. Goodluck with your exam, remember to know direction for part B of the tape, school stuff for part E and also the food incase there's a recipe on part B "that's what our teacher told us"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Know you tenses and verbs for the written expression and the beginning and openings of a letter. Place and date line for the postcard.

Example:
    I buy presents
    Ich kaufe Geschenke

I bought presents
    Ich habe Geschenke gekauft

I will buy presents
    Ich werde Geschenke kaufen

No problem. Goodluck with your exam, remember to know direction for part B of the tape, school stuff for part E and also the food incase there's a recipe on part B "that's what our teacher told us"

I think I did well! Wrote a 260 word letter (3 pages) and I did really well on the last 2 comprehensions which are usually very hard! :) Think I got an A

Advertisement