Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre

Options
  • 13-06-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

There's a eircom salesman going door to door in my area telling people that eFibre is going to be rolled out.

The kind of homes he's visiting are at least 4km out of the local town in very rural locations where we're lucky to have ADSL as it is. I've even heard from some that he's saying that the telephone wires are going to be replaced with fibre.

The town is Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo.

I'm under no illusion that eFibre is going to be available here. I am almost positive it will never be available at these locations 4km+ out of the town. I think you should get this sorted out with any reps you have here as it's going to make your company look bad in the years to come.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

There's a eircom salesman going door to door in my area telling people that eFibre is going to be rolled out.

The kind of homes he's visiting are at least 4km out of the local town in very rural locations where we're lucky to have ADSL as it is. I've even heard from some that he's saying that the telephone wires are going to be replaced with fibre.

The town is Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo.

I'm under no illusion that eFibre is going to be available here. I am almost positive it will never be available at these locations 4km+ out of the town. I think you should get this sorted out with any reps you have here as it's going to make your company look bad in the years to come.
    Hi bulliteShot, 

Would you like to DM me your details and I will check this for you? 
    I will get an accurate answer for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BulliteShot

Sure, what information do you need? Just FYI, I'm not an eircom customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Hi I was wondering does anybody know when efibre will be available in the Nenagh Co . Tipperary area as my isp at the moment is ARRA communications and that is a wireless company and trees are in the way of our mast so the means I've got 0.05 download ( on a good day ) 
    when it rains im completly knocked off the network an that is why im turning to eircom . Mainly is would just like some clarity of when it will be available and when its available will it come out 5km from the cabinet inside in Nenagh . Honesly I know myself that it will lose its speed on the ( lets be honest sh*tty cables ) so the only thing that ye can do is make mini exchanges and put them under ground and also if ye use mini cabinets will it be fibre to all the cabinets and copper to your home because if it copper from cabinet to mini exchange then it will be no improvemet unless you live 100 m away from the cabinet and by the way before my fingers fall off from typing I was on the look out for exchanges or cabinets on the way back from shopping and I think I saw what looked like a cabinet beside the hospital . Anyway can somebody please fill me in on this as I am extremely confused 

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BulliteShot

Thanks for hijacking my thread that was never responded to...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hi I was wondering does anybody know when efibre will be available in the Nenagh Co . Tipperary area as my isp at the moment is ARRA communications and that is a wireless company and trees are in the way of our mast so the means I've got 0.05 download ( on a good day ) 
    when it rains im completly knocked off the network an that is why im turning to eircom . Mainly is would just like some clarity of when it will be available and when its available will it come out 5km from the cabinet inside in Nenagh . Honesly I know myself that it will lose its speed on the ( lets be honest sh*tty cables ) so the only thing that ye can do is make mini exchanges and put them under ground and also if ye use mini cabinets will it be fibre to all the cabinets and copper to your home because if it copper from cabinet to mini exchange then it will be no improvemet unless you live 100 m away from the cabinet and by the way before my fingers fall off from typing I was on the look out for exchanges or cabinets on the way back from shopping and I think I saw what looked like a cabinet beside the hospital . Anyway can somebody please fill me in on this as I am extremely confused 

Thanks
    Sorry to hijack the thread- just happened upon it. I assume the cabinet that you're talking about is down at the roundabout t the top of Kenyon st? There are cabinets/exchanges on the Ballygraigue Rd aswell- one just after you turn in and another at the top of Ballygraigue Court ( i think, the second turn to the right). The engineers have been finishing the upgrades in the are for the last fortnight or so.

The engineers themselves reckon that mid-late August everything should be good to go but after that it's anyones guess as to when it goes live.

SOURCE: I stop everytime i see a new engineer and ask him what the situation is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks

Hi,

At the moment the indication we have for Tipperary in relation to being enabled for efibre is December 2013 - Early 2014.

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map

I am afraid there is no more specific information or time-frame for Nenagh at present.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for hijacking my thread that was never responded to...
    Hi BulliteShot

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Can you PM with your address and full name and I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hi,

At the moment the indication we have for Tipperary in relation to being enabled for efibre is December 2013 - Early 2014.

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map

I am afraid there is no more specific information or time-frame for Nenagh at present.

Thanks, Mark
    Sorry to hijack again, but are you saying then that the engineers don't know what they are talking about Mark?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack again, but are you saying then that the engineers don't know what they are talking about Mark?

Hi
    foxerv1

We have not confirmation of the time-frame the engineers advised you of. The cabling work is the main aspect of the installation process. However we can not post a definitive date until we are placing orders for a specific area.

As such the time- frame I outlined is still the information we have at present.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hi, I was told that eFibre was available in Castlebar, yet when I tried to upgrade, they told me it wasn't available in my area. I checked the eFibre coverage map on the website and my home is well within the limits. Is there something I'm missing or is your coverage just very limited even in available areas? Thanks.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Hi, I was told that eFibre was available in Castlebar, yet when I tried to upgrade, they told me it wasn't available in my area. I checked the eFibre coverage map on the website and my home is well within the limits. Is there something I'm missing or is your coverage just very limited even in available areas? Thanks.
    Hi martyos121

If you would like to PM me with your address I can check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tollie De waal

A salesman also sold me the efibre Advance Unlimited and eTalk Anytime package in the Drogheda area. Previously with Digiweb. I signed a order sheet and was told that only if I'm happy with the speed as mentioned for my address will I need to sign a contract for the 18 months. This happened on 30 May. For weeks I did not get any notification as to the status or approval of my order. After phoning them I had to set up the account over the telephone - a line was issued and the modem sent. I was then told that at first I need to setup a normal broadband and landline account and then have to order/apply for efibre. Asking about the order I singed with the salesman on the 30 of May, I was told that they did not received it. Today I received my first bill for a service that I never applied for in the first place - the calls are not eTalk Anytime and the efibre will only be commissioned today.
    I think this is a lousy way to get my business and if I did not already cancelled my Digiweb I would have cancelled my order with Eircom.

A salesman also sold me the efibre Advance Unlimited and eTalk Anytime package in the Drogheda area. Previously with Digiweb. I signed a order sheet and was told that only if I'm happy with the speed as mentioned for my address will I need to sign a contract for the 18 months. This happened on 30 May. For weeks I did not get any notification as to the status or approval of my order. After phoning them I had to set up the account over the telephone - a line was issued and the modem sent. I was then told that at first I need to setup a normal broadband and landline account and then have to order/apply for efibre. Asking about the order I singed with the salesman on the 30 of May, I was told that they did not received it. Today I received my first bill for a service that I never applied for in the first place - the calls are not eTalk Anytime and the efibre will only be commissioned today.
    I think this is a lousy way to get my business and if I did not already cancelled my Digiweb I would have cancelled my order with Eircom.

Hi Tollie De waal

Can you PM me with the account number on the bill you received and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Tollie De waal

Can you PM me with the account number on the bill you received and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark, thanks for you your willingness to help. The acc *******for a few days which I now owe *euro, and then the e-fibre acc ******* which I still have to accecpt when the e-fibre is up and running.
    Regards
    Tollie

Hi Mark, thanks for you your willingness to help. The acc 79627289 for a few days which I now owe 34.02 euro, and then the e-fibre acc 10720116 which I still have to accecpt when the e-fibre is up and running.
    Regards
    Tollie

Thanks Tollie De waal

I will look into this for you and get back to you soon. You may want to delete your account number on the public post.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for you your willingness to help. The acc 79627289 for a few days which I now owe 34.02 euro, and then the e-fibre acc 10720116 which I still have to accecpt when the e-fibre is up and running.
    Regards
    Tollie

Hi Tollie,

I have been looking into your order.  The agent who called out should have advised the time frame for the phone line and broadband takes to be set up. The account has been active since the 21/06/13.

Once the efibre order is activated the €40 package will be applied. I appreciate it is frustrating when the standard broadband when the efibre order has been issued. I will do my best to push an appointment / activation date.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Tollie De waal

I will look into this for you and get back to you soon. You may want to delete your account number on the public post.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark. Thanks for the info. The e-fibre was installed today (pm) and I signed for acceptance of 48Mb speed. excellent. What do I do with the modem that I did not asked for in the first place.
    Please advice.

Hi Mark. Thanks for the info. The e-fibre was installed today (pm) and I signed for acceptance of 48Mb speed. excellent. What do I do with the modem that I did not asked for in the first place.
    Please advice.

Hi
    Tollie De waal

[url defaultattr=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u="649108"][/url]

There is no charge for the modem, so you are free to keep it or you can send it to

'eircom Logistics' 

Freepost,
    Cragg Avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement