Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics!!!! :O

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

it's kind of unpredictable but i'd read up on nutrition, textiles and various systems e.g. digestion

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xxDianaxx

tr0llface wrote: »
    it's kind of unpredictable but i'd read up on nutrition, textiles and various systems e.g. digestion

yhh.. thxs anyways:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I'm getting up at 9 tomorrow to study and gonna study for the whole day, will be worth it in the end. So I have 9-2 to cram, think I can do it :P I already got like 35% if my project was at an average standard and cookery. Woop no pressure so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I defowon't be doing home economics for my LC and thats my mind made up but I still want a good grade for my JC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

For a budget:
    INCOME
    Wage/salary
    Social welfare
    Child benefit

EXPENDITURE:

Fixed:
    Housing 25%
    Food 25%

Irregular:
    Utilities (electricity/lighting) 10-15%
    Education10-15%
    Travel/car running costs 10-15%
    Doctor 5%

Discretionary:
    Leisure/entertainment 5-10%
    Savings 5%

Play around with some of the 5-10%'s
    You may have to put in childcare (give 10-15%)
    Have a calculator with you and workout the figures.
    Just make sure everything balances and you don't overspend

How to design a garment & care label:

Use colours. Put inbox .use sharp pencil.
    Do a good detailed sketch - it's not an art exam so basic will do but at the same time don't be too sloppy with it
    Label EVERYTHING - explain where you'd put sequins/design/buttons etc describe them in words
    Describe what kind of fabric you'd use
    Describe the colours you'd use. (Even if you've already coloured in write it out I words as well)

For care label again use box
    Know the five basic shapes for washing, drying, ironing, dry cleaning and bleaching.
    Put In each one
    Washing - say what temp (30-40 silks etc 40 basics 60 linen/cotton)
    Say what spin cycle (delicate/minimum for silks. Med for most. Max
    spin for cotton/linen)
    Drying - line dry most things. Flat dry wools. Do not tumble dry most things
    (except cotton)
    Ironing - cool iron (silks). Med iron most things. Hot iron cotton/linen
    Say not bleach
    And dry clean circle symbol is ok

(Go over production of all 4 fibres though as well - haven't been up in a while)

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement