Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best restaurant in town to close.

• 13-06-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

Gutted. Absolutely GUTTED.

went out for a very pleasant lunch in Nick's Warehouse with She who must be obeyed today. the usual wonderful standards of menu and service. only to discover that Saturday the 8th of July is the LAST DAY OF BUSINESS before closing down and being converted into a bar by the folks across the road in the Duke of York.

Business has been slowing down since all the eateries opened in the Victoria centre, and the Flegs rubbish was the final nail in the coffin.

Nick & Kathy are going into semi retirement, making cheese & Salami and maybe doing the odd wee outside catering gig.

Guys, you'll be missed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Ate there once and had a really nice meal.
    Sad to see it go, but I guess times move on. Personally I've always like the atmosphere in the Duke of York, so it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Belfast isn't somewhere I frequent socially any more, this is mainly due to my own finances, taxi fares and having a lot of good eateries a lot closer to home.

I've always wondered if translink needs more late night services. But I also understand the problems associated with alcohol and late night public transport will probably never let that happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

damnit, I'd been meaning to try there for ages! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Was really sad to see it reported on tv the last few days. A good few staff being let go as a result, such a shame for the area and for Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

The sight of Nick's chefs hanging outside smoking in their whites will be missed. Seeing them sitting on the pavement and leaning on the dirty bins was so attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

omg! that's the best place to eat in town! i am gutted!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement