Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seed bargain

• 13-06-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

260 packs of seeds for £17.99 some bargain here. Ordered one but thinking about getting a second for freinds:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Someone's obviously nicked a box from B&Q. Sutton's send the packets of seeds in boxes to them and B&Q's own are actually rebranded Sutton's - I've seen staff putting them out on display.
    I'd say they're probably nicked, there's no way someone will just have all those seeds at like £1.50 minimum a packet and be selling for the lot for that price.

That site also brings up security alerts on my browser. Looks dodgy. Personally I just go to the pound shop or Aldi for seeds - 40p to £1 per packet is cheap enough, people have to grow a few plants and collect the seeds so they're worth paying for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

From looking at the packed and planting dates on the packs I'd say they were end of life stock rather than stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

From looking at the packed and planting dates on the packs I'd say they were end of life stock rather than stolen.

Hopefully the should sprout next years outer wise ill send em back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Snowc wrote: »
    Hopefully the should sprout next years outer wise ill send em back

I wouldn't be too worried about shelf life. 80% should be good for another year or two. You'll probably get better germination rates if you soak them for 24 hrs prior to planting.

Advertisement