Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Excel text box problem

Options
  • 13-06-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an excel file (2003 version) with one sheet called sheet1.

On sheet 1 I have multiple text boxes, however each text box has the same text box number "Text Box 1244".

I was wondering if it's possible to rename the text boxes based on their location on the sheet.

Eg. If i had a sheet with 12 rows of text boxes and 5 columns of text boxes (60 text boxes in total).

The top left-hand box gets renamed to "Text Box 1", then the text box below that gets renamed to "Text Box 2" and so on to the bottom of the sheet. Then the vba script would move to the text box that was to the right of the first text box and rename all the text boxes in that column.

I'm stuck on this problem a while now and cannot find any scripts to solve it. My VBA is non-existent, I usually get by on bits of code I find on the web. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If all the text boxes have the same name then they are in an array and each one has a unique index. i.e. Text Box 1244(n)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Is that in 2003 also? I cannot see the (n) part, just "Text Box 1244".

Advertisement