Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech Therapy, Elocution Teacher

• 13-06-2013 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

My 13 year old has difficulty with his R's and wants to fix it, does anyone know of a Speech Therapy or Elocution Teacher in Limerick, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭mackes

If you contact the HSE he will be entitled to therapy - if you ring them in Ballycummin or get his school to refer him, they will be able to help you out. It will take a while though. You can also get private speech and language therapy - the HSE may have a list of registered practitioners in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I used to bring my daughter to a private speach therapist some yrs ago, her name was Ashling, I have a mobile number for her, which I can PM you, but as its years since I last used her I really dont know if is still doing it.
    I do know that it can take a very long time to get the state services to help you and if its a time critical problem and you can afford it, I would get it sorted as soon as you can before it get a lot worse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

Thank you for your responses, it is an issue that is causing him distress at the moment so need it addressed sooner rather than later.

Advertisement