Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pokemon wow?

• 13-06-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

does anyone think they're going to make a pokemon game but like a type of world of warcraft gameplay because honestly how badass would that be running around forrest catching wild pokemon :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't see it. The subscription based MMO model is dead and Nintendo have always been ultra-conservative with Pokemon. They have yet to release a proper Pokemon game outside of handhelds.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

Can't see it. The subscription based MMO model is dead and Nintendo have always been ultra-conservative with Pokemon. They have yet to release a proper Pokemon game outside of handhelds.

would be so epic though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I would literally blow the guy who made this game. And it would not be gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

td50137_fry-not-sure-if-trolling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A Pokemon MMO already exists. I haven't played it so I've no idea if its any good or not.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    td50137_fry-not-sure-if-trolling.jpg
    100% legit serious would be pretty cool like you could trade pokemon but you could only use some depending on your level, and do quest for money to buy pokeballs use bicycle to travel faster obvo it would cost alot, would be pretty fooking sweet

MadYaker wrote: »
    A Pokemon MMO already exists. I haven't played it so I've no idea if its any good or not.

no but i mean like world of warcraft like the way the characters are 3D and stuff like skyrim aswell if u get me now?

Arawn wrote: »
    I would literally blow the guy who made this game. And it would not be gay

he would be fooking loaded id literally pay 300 euro for the game could be class if it came out on consoles though aswell but each to their own like pc would have its own online gameplay same with ps4 and xbone,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

put this on occulus rift..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Reon wrote: »
    no but i mean like world of warcraft like the way the characters are 3D and stuff like skyrim aswell if u get me now?

Why would 3Dizzling the characters make any difference?

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    Why would 3Dizzling the characters make any difference?
    it would make every difference? im basically saying they should make a world of warcraft pokemon version? do you get where im coming from now?

it would make every difference? im basically saying they should make a world of warcraft pokemon version? do you get where im coming from now?

Without the turn based battles? Because that battle style is why Pokémon never had to 3D up alongside the rest of the gaming world.

deathrider wrote: »
    Without the turn based battles? Because that battle style is why Pokémon never had to 3D up alongside the rest of the gaming world.

ooh wasnt thinking of that but yes should be like that where it is turn based something like ffx

ooh wasnt thinking of that but yes should be like that where it is turn based something like ffx

Then the one shown above would pretty much be that game.

THIS...need this !!!! (didn't wanna make a whole new thread)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

SeantheMan wrote: »
    THIS...need this !!!! (didn't wanna make a whole new thread)

Played it.... extremely buggy at the mo.

Played it.... extremely buggy at the mo.

Is it still 1 guy making it ? Surely some modders would/could assist with a decent production to speed things up ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Mmo's were better with less shiney. That's all wow is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

Pokemon Generations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Pet battles in wow be as close as you would come, its basically pokemon in wow. Instead of a ball you have a crate ect ect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

ku-xlarge.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is probably the only mmo I can see people paying for.

Advertisement