Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of Ribs should I buy for Barbeque Ribs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Markcheese wrote: »
    Not trying to rain on anyone's parade and probably spouting heresy but what's the difference between cooking the ribs on a gas bar-b-que with a pan of water for steam , and doing them in oven (with or without water or covered in tinfoil ) and then either finishing them on a dry heat in the oven or back on the barbie ...
    I do get the stand out the back in the sun all day can in hand thing .... :)

The difference is that on a gas BBQ fat and other liquids drip down onto the hot coals and smoke and burn giving you a "BBQ flavour". Not quite the same as with charcoal or wood but quite different to doing it in an oven too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Yeah .. I get the concept of a barbecue,not being living under a rock all my life,but if yr putting a pan of water over the burner and putting yr piece of meat away from the burner yr effectively making a gas oven and adding steam...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement