Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to england

Options
  • 13-06-2013 5:10pm
    Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭

Im moving to London in a couple of months to pursue a career in Law. I'm not sure what to expect but I hear its much different from Ireland. Is it true that the women there are easier to pull as this is one of the incentives in moving there? I'm looking for a long term partner and I think England maybe the best place for that. I'm only a young fella in my mid 20s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Ms Minnie Mouse

Dear Plastic,

I'm very sorry to disappoint you, however, London is no longer full of easy open-minded women.

They are currently all in Temple Bar looking for the world-famous hormonal friendly Irish men!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

In the context of a general moving to London query, please take a look at the FAQ thread. This should cover the basics and provide links to further reading where necessary. If you're looking for an idea of what sort of changes to expect, let us know where you're moving from and we may be able to help.

In the context of "are English women easy/easier than Irish women?", there's no useful/non-daft answer to that question. You might meet women from all sorts of backgrounds and with all sorts of goals, ambitions and personalities in London. There's very little I would suggest they all have in common, except perhaps reacting badly to being treated as objects rather than people.

If this is a genuine request for advice, I'll move the thread to the Moving To London Megathread - however, I'll be keeping a close eye on it and will be pruning posts at the first sign of muppetry because unfortunately this kind of question is likely to attract a lot of silliness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭silentrust

Im moving to London in a couple of months to pursue a career in Law. I'm not sure what to expect but I hear its much different from Ireland. Is it true that the women there are easier to pull as this is one of the incentives in moving there? I'm looking for a long term partner and I think England maybe the best place for that. I'm only a young fella in my mid 20s.

I was living in London just before coming to Dublin, decided to move when I saw the city for the giant, overcrowded, polluted, cemented car park it's become. Take my advice buddy and live outside the city proper and commute in each day. I understand you need to go to London for your career of course.

My only experience is of Dublin girls, they seem about as easy as English girls but I don't claim to be an expert. Still you never know until you try, give it a punt when on the hunt! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

silentrust wrote: »
    Take my advice buddy and live outside the city proper and commute in each day. I understand you need to go to London for your career of course.

Exactly. You could be living in happening spots such as Hemel Hemsted, Ashford, Dartford, Guildford or Surbiton. Real banging places with loads to do.

:rolleyes:

FTA69 wrote: »
    Exactly. You could be living in happening spots such as Hemel Hemsted, Ashford, Dartford, Guildford or Surbiton. Real banging places with loads to do.

:rolleyes:

Or of course you could live in the overcrowded, polluted heart of the Metropolis on the basis that it's only a few minutes on the tube to overpriced bars and clubs.

Make sure that you disregard anything like how quiet a location is, the fact that rent is far less expensive outside the city, there's more green space and lower crime rates, what really matters is that you're in spitting distance of a cinema...

(deep sigh).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Mod note: STOP SQUABBLING. The OP has not asked for anyone to express their closely-held views on whether to live in Central London or the outskirts, so until that changes I'll ask you both (and anyone else who might be thinking of chiming in) to keep your opinions to yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

yes you will fined English women are easer to pull in England than irish women simply because you are irish ,women love to take up with irish because they are different,i find the same thing with irish women as I am English,[although happily married]many irish women will flirt with me ,even in front of my wife, viva la difference I think,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hold on a sec. You are moving to another country based on whether it's easy to pull women or not?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hold on a sec. You are moving to another country based on whether it's easy to pull women or not?
    why not ? its a good of reason as any,if in my 20s I had found out how easy it was to pull a woman in Ireland,i would have moved there then,

getz wrote: »
    why not ? its a good of reason as any,if in my 20s I had found out how easy it was to pull a woman in Ireland,i would have moved there then,

This man is a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

It's about personality rather than pullability. You can meet people almost anywhere with the right attitude.

I have a few female friends in law over here and they tell me that both here and back home the institution is positively brimming with sexism, mind :D

This man is a legend.
    never been called that before leg end yes but legend no

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭Plastic Sheeting

Or of course you could live in the overcrowded, polluted heart of the Metropolis on the basis that it's only a few minutes on the tube to overpriced bars and clubs.

Make sure that you disregard anything like how quiet a location is, the fact that rent is far less expensive outside the city, there's more green space and lower crime rates, what really matters is that you're in spitting distance of a cinema...

(deep sigh).

How far outside the city do you suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Keeleyharper2

Hi! I work in Bank, London and I will be honest with you- London is pretty much full of stuffy, quite boring business people! Camden is eccentric, fun and quirky and always worth a few nights out there!

Live out of London and commute in! You will need to have enough money for travel (my travel from Purley which is about 30 minutes on the train to London is £230 per month), council tax (my council tax is £133 per month) water (about £12 per month) and your rent and electricity. Your rent will start from £400 per month for a flat share, a flat where I live is about £750 if you wanted your own pad.

It's an expensive business this London lark! If you want a cheap pint, head to any wetherspoons for a £2.50 pint outside of London! Inside London, you are looking at about £5 a pint!

Hope this helps

Keeley

Ps. Like anywhere, some girls are easy to pull! Good luck on that front :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Hi! I work in Bank, London and I will be honest with you- London is pretty much full of stuffy, quite boring business people!
    You mean The City is.
    Camden is eccentric, fun and quirky and always worth a few nights out there!
    Camden is in London, last time I checked.
    Inside London, you are looking at about £5 a pint!
    Absolute nonsense. It's no trouble to get a pint in central London for less than £4.

It's very easy to get fleeced when going for a pint in Central London, but that can happen elsewhere. It's also easy to find many places where you won't get fleeced.

Whether living in Zone 1 or 2 is going to suit someone depends on what they're looking for from their surroundings, but attempts to characterise all of that part of London in one way or another seem futile to me, because those characterisations are either meaninglessly vague or incorrect in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

London is pretty much full of stuffy, quite boring business people!

Yep. That's why it's one of the largest and most vibrant cities in the world.

Serious sh*t-talk on this thread.

Advertisement