Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects for LC

Options
  • 13-06-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Now that were nearly finished our exams , what are you guys thinking of doing for the leaving cert , as in subjects? If your going straight into 5th year , what subjects did you pick? Im interested to know. Im probably going to do Art , Chemistry & History.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I'm doing Physics, History, Engineering and Accounting. I'll be so sick of numbers by the end of 6th year I'll never want to see another one ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Biology, Chemistry and Economics. So annoyed that I have to do 2 SCIENCE SUBJECTS because its one of my worst subject thanks to my teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Biology,Chemistry, Physics and Agriculture Science

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I'm doing TY but after that I want to do Art, History, Physics and French (compulsory in my school).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I'm doing TY, its optional in my school but the majority of people are doing it. I'd like to do History/Geography/Business and possibly Biology for my LC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

ConorD21 wrote: »
    Now that were nearly finished our exams , what are you guys thinking of doing for the leaving cert , as in subjects? If your going straight into 5th year , what subjects did you pick? Im interested to know. Im probably going to do Art , Chemistry & History.

That was my original plan :p! Now I've sort of decided on doing music instead of art, history, french, japanese and possibly geography or economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stephlumo

i'm doing TY but i really want to do
    Art
    Biology
    History
    French
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 topbloke

Doing Economics, Physics and Applied Maths

Alot of people seem to be doing science subjects :P

Alot of people seem to be doing science subjects :P

doing 4 sciences :P I love science thats why its the only thing i care about gettitng an a in junior cert along with french and history and business and english and maths and home ec

• Advertisement

I'd like to do four science's but it won't be possible, theres four groups of subjects and you can only pick one from each group and all the science one's are grouped together :/ So stupid because a lot of science courses require two LC Science Subjects. Anyhow I'm still doing subjects I love :)

I'd like to do four science's but it won't be possible, theres four groups of subjects and you can only pick one from each group and all the science one's are grouped together :/ So stupid because a lot of science courses require two LC Science Subjects. Anyhow I'm still doing subjects I love :)

im going to a school that lets you make your timetable so im sorted that way :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

im going to a school that lets you make your timetable so im sorted that way :P

:eek: Lucky!!! So many subject restrictions here:(

:eek: Lucky!!! So many subject restrictions here:(

same in my school, im moving to Dublin next year and going to an only 5th and 6th year school :L thats why... I'm so excited, new start + you get to pick your own teachers and they according to past pupils they're all sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Physics, Chemistry, German, Economics. Learning Russian & Japanese outside of school. Might end up dropping Japanese.

Would that be The Institiute of Education by any chance or w.e :P

Would that be The Institiute of Education by any chance or w.e :P

yea :) im trying to ask people on boards more about it but not many reply :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

im doing physics, geography, applied maths, chemistry, biology :P

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I'm doing Biology, Physics and Accounting. I'd like to do some others but unfortunately I can't do anything else. I might pick up Applied Maths since it's apparently not too bad for a decent Maths and Physics student.

Mary A wrote: »
    im doing physics, geography, applied maths, chemistry, biology :P

im so happy i never have to look at geography again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'm doing: English, Irish, Maths (obviously :L), Biology Chemistry, Physics, Business, Economics, Applied Maths and French :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Irish, Maths, English, Geography, Italian, Biology, Physchem, Japanese/Russian(Outside school, haven't decided yet) and I might do Applied Maths (outside school). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Incredible amount of work required for Geography for the leaving cert apparently. It was meant to have been extremely easy about 6 years ago. Then they changed the course and it's meant to have an extreme work load. So I'm glad I didn't choose it because I don't even like it either. I think you'd be happier if you knew just how tough it is lol.

Incredible amount of work required for Geography for the leaving cert apparently. It was meant to have been extremely easy about 6 years ago. Then they changed the course and it's meant to have an extreme work load. So I'm glad I didn't choose it because I don't even like it either. I think you'd be happier if you knew just how tough it is lol.

i cant even do jc geography never mind attempting it for lc

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jpr57852

Spanish
    French
    Geography
    History

I don't care if I need a science subject for college, I just hate science so much. It's officially been out of my life forever since today after that exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Four sciences is risky. Even though the thought of disliking them in LC may not even cross your mind now, it is always a possibility. Then you'll be truly stuck. I think it's better to have some kind of backup, or merely a bit of variation to keep your options open. Anyway, up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jpr57852

Four sciences is risky. Even though the thought of disliking them in LC may not even cross your mind now, it is always a possibility. Then you'll be truly stuck. I think it's better to have some kind of backup, or merely a bit of variation to keep your options open. Anyway, up to you.
    My sister loved science all through her life and in the JC. Then when it came to LC, she got a D in Chemistry. At least an A1 in Biology. I don't think some sciences suit some people, and some people don't realise this. Science doesn't suit me at all. I don't care how good it looks on my certificate, I just hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Tell me about it!! I hate it so much and the teacher , so relieving not having to do it anymore

oh but i love science ive tried them all apart from ag science and thats supposed to be like biology :P and besides science is learning and im all for the learning :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

What languages are available for the LC?

Advertisement