Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects for LC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    What languages are available for the LC?

go on examinatios.ie and check it varies from arabic to estonian

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

go on examinatios.ie and check it varies from arabic to estonian

I can't believe I can do Arabic and not Danish.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

They need some Eastern languages as well as all European.

you can do danish....
    http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2012/LC038ALP000EV.pdf

It's one of the subjects that requires it being your mother language and stuff.

• Advertisement

for arabic it needs to be your mother language... for most of them actually....

for arabic it needs to be your mother language... for most of them actually....

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=eu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Just do Russian, it's on a beginners level :). I could do Lithuanian for an easy 100 points .. but the effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SuperMattDude

Thinking about doing History,French,Biology and Geography

Just do Russian, it's on a beginners level :). I could do Lithuanian for an easy 100 points .. but the effort!

Ya'll Lithuanian?

• Advertisement

Ya'll Lithuanian?
    Shhhh! ;)

Shhhh! ;)

:3 Imma find you. And throwing away an easy 100 points is shameful. At least do it on the side!

:3 Imma find you. And throwing away an easy 100 points is shameful. At least do it on the side!
    I have to say, the writing is difficult, even though i'm fluent when it comes to speaking. I'd have to vastly improve my writing if I want to do good in it :pac:. How can you find something if it's not there? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

oh but i love science ive tried them all apart from ag science and thats supposed to be like biology :P and besides science is learning and im all for the learning :P

Yeah a friend of mine is mad for science! :P She's doing them all for lc and wants to do genetics then in uni ! I just feel weary thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

What languages are available for the LC?
    The list of subjects for the Leaving Certificate examination includes the following language subjects: Irish, English, Ancient Greek, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew Studies, Italian, Japanese, Spanish and Russian. All other languages are non-curricular and have the following requirements.

Other Non-Curricular Languages Requirements:
    - Be from a member state of the European Union
    - Speak the language in which they opt to be examined in as a mother tongue
    - Have followed a programme of study leading to the Leaving Certificate
    - Be taking Leaving Certificate English
    - Another condition is that candidates may undertake examination in one non-curricular language subject only.

So when they say needs to be examined as a mother tongue, they don't actually require you to be from that tongue, they just expect you to have that proficiency. So you could probably do Danish if you put in the work.

I have to say, the writing is difficult, even though i'm fluent when it comes to speaking. I'd have to vastly improve my writing if I want to do good in it :pac:. How can you find something if it's not there? :confused:

your like me with arabic... can speak it but writing is terrible

your like me with arabic... can speak it but writing is terrible
    Sucks doesn't it? XD I feel ashamed .. actually, I might dedicate TY to improving my Lithuanian .. and maybe sit it for the LC :D, sounds like a plan!

Sucks doesn't it? XD I feel ashamed .. actually, I might dedicate TY to improving my Lithuanian .. and maybe sit it for the LC :D, sounds like a plan!

lol i want to do it but i just couldnt be bothered with the effort of learning it, would rather making my french perfect since im dropping irish :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Am I'm the only person who is actually 100% Irish? :P

Jijsaw wrote: »

I tried my best to find ancestors who aren't Irish. Didn't work. At best I think there might be, like, one English guy, and there's only a 5% of that being true.

• Advertisement

Pure Irish Beef Right There :rolleyes:

Pure Irish Beef Right There :rolleyes:

100% Irish Potato :)

I tried my best to find ancestors who aren't Irish. Didn't work. At best I think there might be, like, one English guy, and there's only a 5% of that being true.

Good old Irish families! Interesting fact: If the Irish royal families were still around, my best friend would be a princess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Small fact: if the irish royal families were still around, you're best friend probably would have been sold to a prince for three cows xD

Good old Irish families! Interesting fact: If the Irish royal families were still around, my best friend would be a princess :P
    Ahhh herrre! Leave ir out!

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Small fact: if the irish royal families were still around, you're best friend probably would have been sold to a prince for three cows xD

Ah no she'd be worth less then three cows :P ;)

Ahhh herrre! Leave ir out!

Now, see, are you allowed do that?

Back on topic:
    I'm doing Irish, English, Maths, History, Geography, German , French and Business
    All HL except maths because lets be honest it. I'm as useless at maths as tits on a bull :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

I am doing TY but I know what I am doing after that. I am doing Engineering, Construction Studies, Design and Communication Graphics and Physics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kaiser141

Anyone wanna tell me how to post a thread on this site x) thanks

Advertisement