Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects for LC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

kaiser141 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna tell me how to post a thread on this site x) thanks

Click "new thread" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kaiser141

ok i know this is somewhere stupid and i am just blind but where!! ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

ok i know this is somewhere stupid and i am just blind but where!! ;D

4jric1.png

i don't have that option :o

o.O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

That's probably because you only have posted 5 times. For all we know you could be a troll :p You have to have a couple of more posts I'd say.

I'll start a thread for you if you want just tell me what you want to say!

Ok thanks haha, yeh my computer was lagging out and stuff and the option wasn't there but reloaded and it's there now =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Emlie

Art, Music, German and Biology. Wanted to do History instead of Bio but there was a clash, oh well I'm kind of happy now though

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

french, biology, history and geography :)

so glad I never have to go near business again andbakasjakzbxjw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

English
    Maths
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Business

AT HOME:

Economics
    Geography
    Ag, Science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 xxDianaxx

im doing biology, chemistry, physics and applied maths

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Van_Ev47

i'm doing biology, chemistry, business and both german and french(outside school)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wiefi

Biology, History, Spanish and Home Ec~

Was thinking of swapping out history for chemistry or art but I'm happy enough c:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

zubikhan wrote: »
    English
    Maths
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Business

AT HOME:

Economics
    Geography
    Ag, Science

Would it not be too hard doing 3 at home ? Like too much work?

xxDianaxx wrote: »
    im doing biology, chemistry, physics and applied maths

3 science subjects? :O i wouldn't be able to cope i'd die from the stress haha

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Economics course can be done in 1 year if you actually work at. Then it's about being able to do the work well. Geography at home - if you manage this on your own, I'd give you a trophy if I could. I don't understand why some people are choosing 10+ subjects though??? Granted, most people will actually drop 3/4 of those subjects. I understand wanting to do more subjects but they're leaving cert subjects, not Junior Cert. Maybe I'm just stupid or maybe there's just some people who never stop studying, I dunno. Just seems a little bit crazy to me.

Just noticed. People only have to do English, Irish & Maths. We have to do that +2 then choose 4 subjects. :/ I guess my school is just f*cked up considering we all had to do 12 subjects for the JC too.

My school we done 10 for the junior cert you do Irish , English , Maths , Science , History , Geography , Business , Irish , Cspe , Spanish/French , Art/Woodwork/Tech. & for leaving cert we do 4 compulsory subjects ( Maths , Irish , English , Spanish/French ) then we just pick 3 out of the usual options

ConorD21 wrote: »
    3 science subjects? :O i wouldn't be able to cope i'd die from the stress haha

lol ... I LOVE science :P .... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

I want to do English,Maths,Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Applied Maths and French

onlinenerd wrote: »
    I want to do English,Maths,Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Applied Maths and French

do u guys choose subjects after the junior cert ?, ive choose mine a long time ago and I got the ones I wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

do u guys choose subjects after the junior cert ?, ive choose mine a long time ago and I got the ones I wanted.

Well I have to fill out a subject sheet and hand it in but you can change your mind in September.:)

We choose midway 3rd year and that's that, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

chose mine ages ago too we all did we're just saying what we've picked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I get my sheet towards the end of TY. So I have loads of time to decide, but I might start learning Japanese/Russian at the start of TY :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brisingr

I already picked my four: History, Geography, German and Biology
    *however*, today I was handed a form and was told to change subjects.
    In group 1 I have to pick between Biology & German, in group 2 I have geography, in group 4 I have history and biology clashing and I have to pick either Art, DCG, Engineering, french or Home ec for group 3, meaning I will probably have to drop 2 of my subjects... really not happy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Brisingr wrote: »
    I already picked my four: History, Geography, German and Biology
    *however*, today I was handed a form and was told to change subjects.
    In group 1 I have to pick between Biology & German, in group 2 I have geography, in group 4 I have history and biology clashing and I have to pick either Art, DCG, Engineering, french or Home ec for group 3, meaning I will probably have to drop 2 of my subjects... really not happy :(
    If you're dedicated ... you could do some of your subjects outside school. I'm sure German wouldn't be hard to do outside school with a grinds teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

If you're in Dublin or Cork look into Agri Economics.... very short course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 3yearstudent98

I'm hoping to do Maths, English, Irish, French, music, chemistry, biology. I might swap music for ag science in 5th year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

teach88 wrote: »
    If you're in Dublin or Cork look into Agri Economics.... very short course.
    You can do it in Bruce College in cork for 900 euro. That's only to do ag economics not join the school :rolleyes: also guys there's a project in ag economics it seems so you can't do it without a teacher!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    You can do it in Bruce College in cork for 900 euro. That's only to do ag economics not join the school :rolleyes: also guys there's a project in ag economics it seems so you can't do it without a teacher!

Yes, you need a teacher to do it. They are only in Dublin or Cork as I said :rolleyes:

Advertisement