Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs announcement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

kilburn wrote: »
    Heres another jobs announcement for the region, but will it come off this time unlike Paypal and Irish water

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/breaking-major-jobs-announcement-expected-in-limerick-1-5187208
    I really hope this is an actual announcement and not some more hot air.There's alot of positive articles in this weeks leader-I hope they come to pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Itll be in Foynes though

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nm75

That will do the local politicians, they'll be able to use this jobs announcement now until next year, meanwhile the three other major cities have job announcements every month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sin City wrote: »
    Itll be in Foynes though

It's less than 40km from the city, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will gladly travel that distance every day if it means a steady income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I assume it's this:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/local-business/plan-for-foynes-port-to-capitalise-on-new-era-of-global-supertankers-1-4839274
    The first action in the plan to expand operations at Foynes port will begin in 2015, with an extension of the east jetty. The project will create 150 temporary construction jobs.

However the SFPC acknowledge in the plan that if Foynes is to become the port of first entry for commercial shipping in Ireland, it will require a major upgrade of the local infrastructure network. The master plan predicts that there will be an extra 1,370 truck journeys in and out of the port per day by 2041.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

CPL to create 142 new jobs in Limerick as part of new fuel plant

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/0614/456558-cpl-coal-limerick/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ahhh when I heard this earlier today I thought it was an announcement of definite jobs.

Turns out it is an announcement of jobs that might be created in 2015 if all goes well.

After the 1,000 paypal jobs that were announced as a huge job boost for Limerick and the 400 Irish Water jobs that were also announced as a huge job boost, I think I will not be taking much stock in this latest big boost announcement until actual jobs are created and in place by 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »
    Ahhh when I heard this earlier today I thought it was an announcement of definite jobs.

Turns out it is an announcement of jobs that might be created in 2015 if all goes well.

After the 1,000 paypal jobs that were announced as a huge job boost for Limerick and the 400 Irish Water jobs that were also announced as a huge job boost, I think I will not be taking much stock in this latest big boost announcement until actual jobs are created and in place by 2015.

The plant is to be Operational BY 2015. How do you think it's going to get to that phase? A magic wand?
    The plant will employ approximately 100 people when fully operational, with 42 additional people in sales, distribution and plant maintenance.

It is estimated that 150 people will be employed in the construction of the facility, which the company hopes to have operational by 2015.

Speaking in Foynes this morning, Tim Minett, CEO of CPL Industries, said the impending ban of smoky coal was a major factor behind the decision.

“Ireland is the first country in Europe to move towards a ban on the sale o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

This looks promising though:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/development-plan-for-limerick-could-deliver-5-000-jobs-1.1428844

Details of an ambitious €250m plan set to transform Limerick’s economy over the next two decades has been unveiled.
    ‘Limerick 2030 – An Economic and Spatial Plan for Limerick’ was unveiled today by Minister from the Environment, Community and Local Government Phil Hogan, Minister for Finance Michael Noonan and Minister of State for Housing and Planning Jan O’Sullivan.
    It has the potential to deliver 5,000 new jobs and sets out a number of objectives to change the infrastructure of the city centre and deliver a whole new vision for Limerick as a leading centre for commercial investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    The plant is to be Operational BY 2015. How do you think it's going to get to that phase? A magic wand?

Which is why the last line of the post you quoted said
    I think I will not be taking much stock in this latest big boost announcement until actual jobs are created and in place by 2015.

So yes I did notice the article said BY 2015, which is why I said BY 2015 in my closing line.:p

Also I will reserve my right to be sceptical about any supposed huge job boost for Limerick given the amount of announcements of massive job boosts that came to nothing save for a nice headline at the time. So it will be fantastic if the jobs actually come about, but until they do I will treat the article like all the other articles about massive job boosts and massive redevelopments for Limerick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement