Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Murray

• 13-06-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where John Murray is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

A few people have been asking the same thing on the John Murray Show thread, you might be better looking there:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056016190&page=27

He's out sick is what everyone seems to be saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

With this level of time off I can see how people are worrying/ drawing morbid conclusions

Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Speedy recovery to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Maybe he got a job at the BBC as Tubridys stand in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he wont be back until the end of the year according to Miriam this morning

Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭doughef

Off topic,.

but did anybody see Miriam in the Sunday indo?? aye carumba! :eek:

Looking well..... cleavage and short skirt all on display.. :D

8 kids??????? holy sheet!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

doughef wrote: »
    Off topic,.

but did anybody see Miriam in the Sunday indo?? aye carumba! :eek:

Looking well..... cleavage and short skirt all on display.. :D

8 kids??????? holy sheet!!!
    She's well overrated there boss.:eek:

johnayo wrote: »
    She's well overrated there boss.:eek:

Ha Ha!! probably.... but good photos.

Now for a wrestling match between her and Mary Kennedy :D

Ha Ha!! probably.... but good photos.

Now for a wrestling match between her and Mary Kennedy :D

I love how a thread wishing an ill broadcaster a full recovery turns to deciding which female starts should wrestle within like 3 posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Greyham wrote: »
    I love how a thread wishing an ill broadcaster a full recovery turns to deciding which female starts should wrestle within like 3 posts

it might help his recovery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Jesus but this interview is cringe making ... would Miriam just leave the poor woman alone to deal with her grief.
    Silly, inane questions and patronising pseudo sympathy, a new low even for Miriam - pathetic radio :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Callan57 wrote: »
    Jesus but this interview is cringe making ... would Miriam just leave the poor woman alone to deal with her grief.
    Silly, inane questions and patronising pseudo sympathy, a new low even for Miriam - pathetic radio :mad:

Painful to listen to.

Get well soon John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Callan57 wrote: »

Did you hear the interview with Damien Duff yesterday.. Poor Damien was even mortified with all the plamas.. She made a Tubridy interview look combative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Miriam is pure ear piss on the radio...

She's lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

Greyham wrote: »

of course, no disrespect due to the man himself. I'm actually quite the fan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

awful awful awful drivel .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

I hope John does get well, however I think the show is a waste of space whether its John or Miriam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

win2one wrote: »
    I hope John does get well, however I think the show is a waste of space whether its John or Miriam.

What would you put on instead? There needs to be segue between Morning Ireland and Pat Kenny. I was no great fan of Murray (especially the 'comedy' section at the start), but I'm not sure what other type of show would fit in there any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kenny needs to be tipped out of bed an hour earlier!

Then at 11 RTE can do something crazy like a panel quiz or documentary strand, you know like proper speech radio (BBC radio 4)

mike65 wrote: »
    Then at 11 RTE can do something crazy like a panel quiz or documentary strand, you know like proper speech radio (BBC radio 4)

Earlier lunch time music?

• Advertisement

That's what would happen of course - two hours of Ronan Collins - if he could keep it up for that long.

That's what would happen of course - two hours of Ronan Collins - if he could keep it up for that long.

It'd be worth trying just to see if Ronan Collins could feign enthusiasm for two full hours..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Whatever we say about J M , at least there was a bit of variety. Meeeeriam is all sad stories and 1 to 1 interviews with what sounds like her D4 neighbours. Maaawwrvelous Fantaaaaaastic amaaaaaaazing . she must be reading here cos she has stopped saying geeeenuinely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

What's wrong with him anyway?

Get well soon John.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Help!

Ronan Collins should N E V E R have been let near a radio station. Very unfortunately for listeners he's got away with it for over 30 years.

If he gets more airtime I'll eat my hat!

of course, no disrespect due to the man himself. I'm actually quite the fan!

Haha, I get you, I didn't mean anything by that post, just making a joke.:pac:

it might help his recovery

:pac:

Was just listening to the repeat of today's show and I think they may have to have an apology at the start of tomorrow's show.. Joanne O'Riordan was making a point about cuts and banks, and made reference to "that Drumm man" who lives in a big house in the US and should be "brought back here to pay for his crimes"..

I grimaced when I heard it, and I thought Miriam would be all over it with the usual RTE "well we cant say that as the man has been charged with nothing" disclaimer. But she said nothing, and I'm sure she'll have to say something in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭decies

Shocked with that first interview Miriam did with the man whose wife died in the Galway hospital , it was so wrong her questions she asked him !!!

• Advertisement

Which questions did you not like? I didn think there was anything too controversial.

I just thought it was a really bad interview.. Just kept asking the same questions over and over again but phrasing them differently..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭decies

Thought she was grilling him like a defence council to be honest . Just think the man needs to find out the full story .

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

giftgrub wrote: »
    Miriam is pure ear piss on the radio...

She's lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

Really awful at times.

Her constant bleating, aw-ing and bleeding heart approach is just tawdry.

Some one should tell Miriam she can't be everyone's mother and best friend!

At least Murray remains detached and professional at all times...

Somnolent FM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

'Come back James, stop moving on me'

Squeals Miriam

As we are bored by James, Bruce Springsteens No1 Stalker who is unable to use a phone but proud of forging passports

..... Jeebus fkn Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

my friend wrote: »
    'Come back James, stop moving on me'

Squeals Miriam

As we are bored by James, Bruce Springsteens No1 Stalker who is unable to use a phone but proud of forging passports

..... Jeebus fkn Christ

I thought she handled him brilliantly. It's all those years of being a mammy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Schwartz

I would imagine Miriam gets more money than John Murray for presenting the John Murray show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Disappeared off Saturday Sport during the summer, popped up on Radio One last night hosting a program called Small Town Trends, a four-part series, looking at the challenges facing small Irish towns as they adapt to changes happening all around them.

Not sure what he does the rest of the time these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This thread kinda disappeared about 10 years ago, and then, all of a sudden!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 William Willson

@amlinopta John Murray would be a perfect example of the fat in RTE and why they need a targeted redundancy program, now I have absolutely nothing against the man, it's just that he hasn't actually had a clear role in the organisation for almost 10 years, yet he still gets paid every week for showing up.

Advertisement