Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Certificaton

Options
  • 13-06-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I am looking to get a few Microsoft certifications and i am wondering if you can help me decide what is the best to go for please:

I have the Comptia A+ and Network+ and would like to start on servers. I was lloking at MCSA: Windows Server 2008 but im not sure if this is running out soon.

Any advise regarding courses and study material would be really helpful please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread should probably be moved to the IT Certification forum.

Some 2008 certs are terminating in July. I'd look to 2012 as its quite different and likely to be the basis, interface and configuration wise, for the next version also. The 2012 certification also puts much more emphasis on Powershell.

I've the 2003 MCSE and a few of the 2008 certs and some other various ones (SQL, Exchange, doing WDS shortly). I used to use the ExamCram books but I've found that if you can get the Microsoft Press ones for a decent price, e.g. on Amazon, they're better quality and either have a second shot or 15% off voucher in the back, and generally a CD with a practice test and possible trial versions of the software on it.

I've never done any other training than working through the book and using a VM or multiple VMs for practice. So make sure you've a 64 bit machine with as much RAM as you can possibly afford for that.

Advertisement