Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lucan Post Office

Options
  • 13-06-2013 6:41pm

Any official word on the new Post Office for Lucan?

About a month ago I saw a sign with Derek Keating's name on it announcing the opening of the Post Office behind the customer service counter in Spar Ballyowen Castle. And in the last two weeks they seem to be installing two window/counters in the Eastern European food section. So I'm guessing it won't be too long away.

Derek Keating has been very quiet since the Newspaper incident.

Comments

Well, back to detective school for me. It's a Halal butchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Really? What next for that place!
    They've crammed a coffee shop, a computer accessories hut, a dry cleaners and now a halal butcher into the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Heroditas wrote: »
    Really? What next for that place!
    They've crammed a coffee shop, a computer accessories hut, a dry cleaners and now a halal butcher into the shop.

You've probably never been in Eurasia (Fonthill) then? :)

unkel wrote: »

No, I've been meaning to drop in though.

unkel wrote: »

Great for the sacks of rice! I've yet to buy anything else in there but one of these days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

foreign wrote: »
    Great for the sacks of rice! I've yet to buy anything else in there but one of these days...

Spices are great there, just so cheap compare to the supermarkets. Also the soy sauce etc is way cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not just spices and rice (and indeed a halal butchers :D). Eggs, noodles, pasta, milk, flour, most sauces and pastes, some fresh veg, cans of coconut milk, bulk bought cans of tomatoes, chick peas, dried fruit, etc. all much, much cheaper even than the likes of Aldi / Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I got a leaflet dropped in from that clown Keating claiming he organised the post office there.
    He was very quiet after the school / stolen free newspapers fiasco.

Anyways, I briefly read it then threw it out.

But he said the post office was coming.
    Also, I see that Xtravision in Ballyowen Shopping Centre has a closing down sale, so maybe it'll be located there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

I got a leaflet dropped in from that clown Keating claiming he organised the post office there.
    He was very quiet after the school / stolen free newspapers fiasco.

Anyways, I briefly read it then threw it out.

But he said the post office was coming.
    Also, I see that Xtravision in Ballyowen Shopping Centre has a closing down sale, so maybe it'll be located there ?

I'd say it'll be in Eurospar - they seem to have everything in there already - florist closed down - they opened a florist - dry cleaners they did the same, so next video rental shop and a post office

josh59 wrote: »
    I'd say it'll be in Eurospar - they seem to have everything in there already - florist closed down - they opened a florist - dry cleaners they did the same, so next video rental shop and a post office

Didn't the florist just move inside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

post office there would come in handy, i'm afraid for my life when i gotta go to neilstown to drop off a letter.....

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Any update on this long awaited post office.....a year has gone by since the last post and still nothing..........I'd build it quicker myself at this rate!

I'd say Derek Keating will be annoyed about not getting the first flyer out through the doors on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'd say Derek Keating will be annoyed about not getting the first flyer out through the doors on this one.
    I got one in the door from him today!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    I got one in the door from him today!

Me too,turned my stomach.

It's taken an awful long time to rubber stamp this Post Office. I wonder will it go in where Xtra Vision was? Eurospar seem to be having some work carried out too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It’s going in Eurospar, where the coffee shop currently is, I believe.

So glad Supervalu didn’t get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

It’s going in Eurospar, where the coffee shop currently is, I believe.

So glad Supervalu didn’t get it.

Is insomnia going then or just getting moved do you know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Getting moved I think.

Getting moved I think.

They'd have to have their own kitchen then for hot food as that all comes from the deli counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

I asked in Eurospar today when they expected all works to be completed (incl the new post office). Apparently the builders must be out by 31st March so another couple of weeks and it should all be in place.

The people who own that Eurospar never stand still, do they?
    Its like a mini shopping centre with all the little bits and pieces in it.
    Florist, dry cleaner, halal butcher, then an Insomnia and now the post office is going in there. They're doing a massive amount of work to the place.

The post office is badly needed though. The one in the village is just bursting to capacity and the one by Tesco isn't exactly accessible for many people on the other side of Lucan. At least there'll be plenty of parking!

At least there'll be plenty of parking!

Until the Medical Center comes along!

Until the Medical Center comes along!

Good point. I'd forgotten about that!

Post office now open. The Spar store looks great after all the work too.

There seems to be something in the air in Lucan that requires supermarket layouts to be rotated 90 degrees when they're being renovated! :D

I was up there two weeks ago while all the work was still in progress and didn't like the layout but, to be fair, a load of the shelves were empty and a lot still needed to be done.

There seems to be something in the air in Lucan that requires supermarket layouts to be rotated 90 degrees when they're being renovated! :D

I was up there two weeks ago while all the work was still in progress and didn't like the layout but, to be fair, a load of the shelves were empty and a lot still needed to be done.

I was thinking the same with the shelves. It actually seems bigger now. It's much brighter too.

Advertisement