Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband

• 13-06-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭mossie

Phoenix wrote: »
    Just seen the sky broadband deal on its website for 10 euro?is this including line rental?Sky Broadband Unlimited is the product?

I think it's €10 for broadband plus €30 for voice and line rental. Don't think you can get broadband alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

mossie wrote: »
    I think it's €10 for broadband plus €30 for voice and line rental. Don't think you can get broadband alone.

This is correct. They are offering 6 months free bb atm, so you are saving €10 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GoOnYouDirt

I just ordered Sky Broadband this morning! I've gotten Unlimited Usage, and a land line phone with free evening and landline calls for €30 a month for the first 6 months, and there after €50 a month flat rate for the last 6 months of the contract! On researching other broadband options I thought this was pretty good for unlimited!
    I do have one question here, and I know myself this is a silly one! But I think the guy said 6 meg speed? Is this good nowadays?
    *hangs head in shame*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

I just ordered Sky Broadband this morning! I've gotten Unlimited Usage, and a land line phone with free evening and landline calls for €30 a month for the first 6 months, and there after €50 a month flat rate for the last 6 months of the contract! On researching other broadband options I thought this was pretty good for unlimited!
    I do have one question here, and I know myself this is a silly one! But I think the guy said 6 meg speed? Is this good nowadays?
    *hangs head in shame*

Here's the average speed for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GoOnYouDirt

Thank you! But I don't know how fast that is to be honest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Thank you! But I don't know how fast that is to be honest?

What do you mean? Yours is 6 mb, the average is 14 mb. 6 divided into 14 = 43%, so you're 57% slower than the average.

You can download a 4.7GB DVD in about 2 hours.

Advertisement