Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is July a good time to look for a restaurant job in Calgary?

Options
  • 13-06-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

like the title says, and I mean jobs that have open LMOs, like the ones in this page (http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-lmo-jobs-bar-food-hospitality-W0QQCatIdZ60QQKeywordZlmo) and I am a foreigner without a work permit. This is the time of graduation of high school and university students, and so the place will be flooded with job seekers. What do you think?

I appreciate your help
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 echo198

A little help, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I would have thought it would be almost impossible to get an LMO for a service job

• Registered Users Posts: 10 echo198

COYVB wrote: »
    I would have thought it would be almost impossible to get an LMO for a service job

Is it because they are entry level jobs and it is easy to find Canadians to fill them?
    Well in Calgary I read that the economy is doing well enough that Canadians do not need to work in these jobs, and this is why they are hiring foreign workers.

Thanks for replying

Advertisement