Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamma Extension

Options
  • 13-06-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

I can get em on ebay for about €15 posted but maybe someone here has a spare they are looking to offload for less ? :)

Basically I have a Supergun and Neo Geo MV-A1 and when the PSU is plugged in it's a very tight squeeze to get the MVS carts in/out. A jamma extension would tidy things up nicely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is it this you're looking at?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-FOOT-LONG-ARCADE-MACHINE-JAMMA-HARNESS-EXTENSION-CABLE-56-PIN-EDGE-CONNECTOR-/390437126308?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item5ae7ddc0a4

I have one I don't need. I had two, sold one to Technofreek (at least I think it was Technofreek?) but there were issues with it as it turns out that harness has no -5v wire.

If you want to take a chance on it you can have my one for €5. I can throw it in the package along with the vogatek supergun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is it this you're looking at?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-FOOT-LONG-ARCADE-MACHINE-JAMMA-HARNESS-EXTENSION-CABLE-56-PIN-EDGE-CONNECTOR-/390437126308?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item5ae7ddc0a4

I have one I don't need. I had two, sold one to Technofreek (at least I think it was Technofreek?) but there were issues with it as it turns out that harness has no -5v wire.

If you want to take a chance on it you can have my one for €5. I can throw it in the package along with the vogatek supergun.

Yeah that's it.

No -5v wire? Could you count the wires and see ? :)

I know very little about this stuff and don't want to break anything :o

Master of the Universe

Those extension harnesses don't have a -5v wire as standard. If you look at the picture in the auction, zoom in and count over three markings on the black connector from the right.

There's a little '-5' written on in gold with an arrow pointing to a pin. You'll notice that the pin in silver and has no wire attached to it.

Why they didn't wire it up I don't know.

It wouldn't break anything, but some arcade PCBs require -5v to work (Raiden being an example, there's no sound when you don't have -5v). Technofreek had issues with it in his cab, I can't remember what they were though.

Best extension harnesses to go with are ones made by FrancoB. They're pretty expensive though and he's not making anything at the moment due to his own personal projects :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You don't need -5V for any NeoGeo MVS boards so this extension should be fine (assuming there are no faults with it).

Not to worry. I'll leave it so and sure I'll get you that other money asap for the gun.

• Advertisement

You don't need -5V for any NeoGeo MVS boards so this extension should be fine (assuming there are no faults with it).

In that case... Wrap her up, she's coming home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I got one of those cables from oisin. Bag of ****e. Apart from not having -5v wired I think all buttons aren't wired either. Might only have three wired so that will leave you one short for neo geo games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I got one of those cables from oisin. Bag of ****e. Apart from not having -5v wired I think all buttons aren't wired either. Might only have three wired so that will leave you one short for neo geo games.

:pac:

Yeah always knew that lad was a cowboy selling dodgy gear! :p

(Joking ofc.)

Master of the Universe

Hahaha! Yeah, selling them out of my Robin Reliant so I am :pac:

There's no Neo Geo button 4 either? Are you definitely sure? Will test it out when I get home this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I'm hoping to be able to call over at the weekend to do some supergun testing, I can add the missing links to the extension cable if you want ?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I'm hoping to be able to call over at the weekend to do some supergun testing, I can add the missing links to the extension cable if you want ?

That'd be awfully good of you! Thanks :)

Do... Cause I'm buying it :D

Multiple issues with that jamma extension from gremlin solutions aka arcadeworlduk.

See my post from a while back over on j +

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47246&KW=extension&title=jamma-extension

Multiple issues with that jamma extension from gremlin solutions aka arcadeworlduk.

See my post from a while back over on j +

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47246&KW=extension&title=jamma-extension

"Only members with sufficient permission can access this page."

It's almost 100% for MVS. Would I still have issues ? Assuming the 4th button was added/fixed ?

Think you also need to wire all the grounds as well as the MVS needs this. I was having issues with my mvs and the guys on j+ put it down to that.

Is building one myself (have soldering iron and very limited soldering skills) doable/expensive ?

Definitely doable. The wire is probably the most expensive part. You'd be surprised at much wire there is on a fully wired extension.

Advertisement