Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three- Unlimited calls texts and data?

Options
  • 13-06-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Sim only 30 day contract for €39

Am I reading that correct, anyone here on this plan?

€55 with a phone on 24 month contract. Seems like a good option. I believe voicemail is not included so that's an extra. Not sure if there are other hidden costs.

Would like to hear opinions from anyone on these plans

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

big_drive wrote: »
    Sim only 30 day contract for €39

Am I reading that correct, anyone here on this plan?

€55 with a phone on 24 month contract. Seems like a good option. I believe voicemail is not included so that's an extra. Not sure if there are other hidden costs.

Would like to hear opinions from anyone on these plans

I'm with them for the last 23 months on the €40.66 plan and I honestly can't wait for July to come so I can jump ship. I'm looking at Meteor or Emobile.

All Three's plans look amazing on paper but they took too many people on their network without upgrading it so their contention ratio is through the roof which means forget about using your data connection after 6pm. I'm getting lightening speeds of .08mbps.

Also if you need to contact customer care you might aswel talk to your toddler because they will make more sense.

Don't get me wrong it started off Great the first 12 months were great but once the problems start they just snowball. You can actually hear the tech support paging through the faq's.

It's also not an isolated issue, my father, brother and two work colleague's have the same story.

Stay clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭enigmatical

I didn't do enough research and signed up with them thinking it was all great and wonderful based on their advertising.

I'm getting speeds that are reminiscent of EDGE on their HSPA+ network.

It's a complete joke. Their 'executive care team' just told me that 300kbps is acceptable in full HSPA+ coverage on their network and tried to convince me that this was normal on all mobile networks when it's less than 1/4 the speed I was regularly getting on Meteor/Emobile.

I feel like a complete fool for having signed up and I'd say I'll be struggling to get out of the contract now.

The HTC One's a stunning phone, but I cannot believe I'm stuck with this clogged network for the foreseeable future.

Maybe their LTE rollout in August might improve things, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

That's not great feedback. And I was more or less after deciding today I was going to sign up with them. Certainly having second thoughts on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Test it out with a prepay sim and see how you go. I don't have any issues with my connection and find it great value for money and I love the idea of flexiunits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭worded

Great to see how competitive they are versus voda. Hopefully they Will up their network game soon

• Advertisement

Giving it a trial with a prepay sim would probably be the best move alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I'm with them for the last 23 months on the €40.66 plan and I honestly can't wait for July to come so I can jump ship. I'm looking at Meteor or Emobile.

All Three's plans look amazing on paper but they took too many people on their network without upgrading it so their contention ratio is through the roof which means forget about using your data connection after 6pm. I'm getting lightening speeds of .08mbps.

Also if you need to contact customer care you might aswel talk to your toddler because they will make more sense.

Don't get me wrong it started off Great the first 12 months were great but once the problems start they just snowball. You can actually hear the tech support paging through the faq's.

It's also not an isolated issue, my father, brother and two work colleague's have the same story.

Stay clear.

Maybe if you try again in August 2014 things might be a bit better. 3s contract with the NBS will be up by then so should be far less users on the data network.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

worded wrote: »
    Great to see how competitive they are versus voda. Hopefully they Will up their network game soon

It's been getting worse, not better........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭worded

What's their signal coverage like for voice calls like? Is that brutal as well as their data network ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Both I and my brother have found Three to be an excellent network both for data and voice. The Three like home for use in the North and the Uk is a great benefit. To be honest they are way ahead of Voda and O2 on pricing and level with Meteor but the advantage of Three like home means I wouldnt leave.

• Advertisement

worded wrote: »
    What's their signal coverage like for voice calls like? Is that brutal as well as their data network ?

To be fair i've probably only had half a dozen dropped calls in the last 23 months. Just data issues for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

I have been with 3 from the start, had a few teething problems at the start but I have to say can`t remember the last time I had a dropped call. I also have no problems with data as long as I have a good signal, sometimes it`s weak indoors but out in the car or walking around I find it very good. customer service is so so :cool:

Test Date: Jun 15, 2013 12:00:37 pm
    Connection Type: Cell HSPA+ full coverage 100% coverage.
    Server: Dublin (eircom)
    Download: 866 kbps
    Upload: 2739 kbps
    Ping: 245 ms

Location Douglas, Cork Southern Suburbs.

485261340.png

their calls, texts and customer service seems fine and the choice of handsets is nice.

my only gripe is the data speed.

I'm hoping the LTE build out will mean increased capacity across the whole network as they'll have to increase the back haul capacity.

the speed could be busy cells or lack of sufficient back haul. is impossible to know which is causing it, but there's definitely a bottleneck in the network in both Cork and Dublin.

the good speed reports are coming from Galway and the West oddly enough and I wonder if that's because there's extra capacity due to the NBS requirements? where as in Cork and Dublin it's just a purely mobile network...

this area has extensive 150mbit/s UPC and eircom fibre broadband already in service so, I can't imagine the are a lot of people using mobile dongles as their primary source of Internet access.

The comments about data speeds is disappointing. I'm in Glanmire in Cork and presumed the speeds around here would be very good as so close to city. But seems not if its poor in Douglas.

I'd need data working well as I use my phone for most of my Internet needs as we don't have broadband in the house

Patrick Street, Cork HSPA+
    Test Date: Jun 15, 2013 5:11:04 pm
    Connection Type: Cell
    Server: Dublin
    Download: 169 kbps
    Upload: 382 kbps
    Ping: 260 ms

485509834.png

I think I'm entitled to be a bit annoyed with that!

I'm impressed! somethings changed. this is what I just got in Blackpool in Cork City

Test

Date: Jun 16, 2013 8:53:21 pm
    Connection Type: Cell Server: Dublin Download: 6610 kbps Upload: 1554 kbps Ping: 172 ms
    Latitude: 51.91648 Longitude: -8.47267

486680487.png

if this becomes regular, I'll be very happy customer!

Just tested mine in Cobh in the hope it was after improving everywhere. No such luck. .003mbps!
    What a network!!!! It won't let me attach a screenshot for some reason.

it's weird how is so patchy.

I know they're rolling out new infrastructure at the moment. Perhaps that's what we are seeing?

it could be a case lack of capacity between cells rather than lack of radio spectrum between the mast and end users.

maybe the fast ones are LTE ready and thus have better back haul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Jaysus, those speeds are terrible, here is Vodafone in Limerick for example...

2176033.png

Test Date: 17/06/2013 00:27:07
    Connection Type: Cellular
    Download: 19.36 Mbps
    Upload: 2.74 Mbps
    Ping: 65 ms

testicle wrote: »
    Jaysus, those speeds are terrible, here is Vodafone in Limerick for example...

2176033.png

Test Date: 17/06/2013 00:27:07
    Connection Type: Cellular
    Download: 19.36 Mbps
    Upload: 2.74 Mbps
    Ping: 65 ms

looks like they're cheap for a reason. I should have gone with someone else!

• Advertisement

What are ye using to get those screenshots? My speedtest app doesn't look anything like that.

they're not screen shots.

click share or, tap the results tab, then tap the result you want to share and then the envelope symbol on the results page and it gives you a url you can paste in as an image.

loads of other sharing options too.

it may work slightly differently on Android, iOS and Windows Phone versions.

Advertisement