Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am usless at this! :(

Options
  • 13-06-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So the more I am playing the worse it gets....

I am driving light tanks like a20. I am constantly droped in to games with tank rank4 vs rank8... Thing is I can't even scratch anyone! Not even others light tanks. Just can't penetrate a damn thing!

I am working now to get at least medium tank as light tanks just really annoy me.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Unfortunately this stage of progress is a sudden ramping in learning curve and difficulty.

What the games doesn't mention is that the tier 4 lights are regarded as scouts, and are given much higher spread in opponents. Given the higher tier lights available, it's something they should really reduce by now.

This link:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/11/complete-8-6-mm-table/

shows the spread of tanks and what they can face.

Trying to attack anything or take hits just won't work. You'll need to learn to play more cautiously and just spot for the heavier tanks.

If you spot an enemy, and someone else damages them, you get half the XP from it.

Also take the time to look for an opening through to the enemy arty to give them the slaughtering they so richly deserve.

You may find the T-46 -> T-28 -> KV1 less frustrating. The KV1 is the singly most played tank in the game by a large margin, and one of the earlier heavies to get.

Edit: Jingles has a basic intro video too:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Shadowhearth if you are looking to platoon search for me in-game this evening

I am grinding a few low tier tanks at the moment, and always on for a game in my Pz-1c\T-127

username: Ballbag101

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cheers lads. Sorry for not replying last night. Good few too many drinks. :)

I noticed the role of light tanks. It should work fine in theory, but some light tanks are even slower then medium tanks they get pined against. Which makes light tanks a bit useless I guess.

I am working towards kv-1 now too. I will have a lot of grinding before I get t34 and tiger too.

Just checked that video too. That explains a lot lol. If I feel better tonight I'll play again.

I noticed the role of light tanks. It should work fine in theory, but some light tanks are even slower then medium tanks they get pined against. Which makes light tanks a bit useless I guess

not really, it comes down to crew training and transverse speed with the top modules also cammo rating with view range is usually better in scout vehicles

you just can't really judge a tank until it is elite with a 100% crew

just a word of warning that the German line is probably one of the toughest lines to play

go Soviet in the beginning as they are the most forgiving to new players

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Gotta say, since I've been platooning a bit with my friend DotC who's been playing this game a lot in the last 2 years, and who will tell me on Skype what I should be doing or where I should be going, I've gotten to much better grips with the game. If you're available to Platoon up with anyone here who's offering and get on some manner of voice chat thing for tactics, then you'll have a much more enjoyable time of it I'd say.

I have team speak and vent. So it would be fun to play with someone. I do play with my buddy too, but we both are not great. :P

I love this game. I wonder if it would be worth it to put premium on it too.

Well, finally. I am out of the hole of death, for now anyway.

I got my t34 and almost fully upgraded with very very long 57mm cannon! :P Maybe I dont do a lot of damage, but I can penetrate even some Heavy tanks. Since I upgraded my t34 I am really started enjoying myself again!

Next one is t28. Got it fully upgraded with same cannon. Great tank for its tier and what it is. Its great machine and grind for KV-1 not going to be as bad as I though.

Still play my Fully pimped out BT-2! :P Love that little thing. I use it to farm XP and then convert it to free xp. Since my t28 and t34 finally got a few pubes I started using it less.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The T-28 was known in real life as the coffin for seven brothers. They're very much glass cannons. Just make use of the speed and try to never expose yourself to fire at all, cos it'll just slice right through.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Stiletto72

Yep, T28 is fast but it has paper armour.
    Be careful.

• Advertisement

Aye, always find a way to bump me down! :pac:

Its still a lot better then any light tank when I am droped vs 2-3 ranks higher med and heavy tanks! Plus I am able to scratch stuff too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Light tanks imo are an aquired taste. You don't really get to do much but scout and whether you like that sort of thing is personal.

The game gets better the bigger your tanks get as you can take more hits and get a chance to learn the game better. Read up a bit on angling (tank dependant) as it can dramatically improve your survivability.

Personally I went the US line and love them. They're more of a jack of all trades but they often have awesomely strong turrets, T29 is probably best in tier fully upgraded and it's turret is loltastic if you're in a good spot.

Light tanks imo are an aquired taste. You don't really get to do much but scout and whether you like that sort of thing is personal.

The game gets better the bigger your tanks get as you can take more hits and get a chance to learn the game better. Read up a bit on angling (tank dependant) as it can dramatically improve your survivability.

Personally I went the US line and love them. They're more of a jack of all trades but they often have awesomely strong turrets, T29 is probably best in tier fully upgraded and it's turret is loltastic if you're in a good spot.

For the last 2 days I am just freaking Bombing everything left, right, centre! I think I found a set of tanks that I am really comfortable now.

t34 - got ace tanker with it last night. It is really satisfying when you manage to get all those Heavy bastards rolled around your finger in a t34. what a wonderfull machine!
    t28 - I know it has a very bad nickname, but holy bejaysus, I kill stuff with that thing. I am almost 13.5k xp with it too for KV1. It is farming XP a lot faster then I expected.

The new tank that I am in to is a German light tank. Pz.kpfw. 38 (t) ( what a weird name... ) This is the only light tank that gives me boner! Last few games I was just dominating stuff! :D Had such a trololol moment just now. Where I actually killed some light and med tanks and managed to run in to enemy territory. Got greated by a huge heavy tank. All I could was hide behind building and poping out to take hits at him that do no damage. eventually he tried to catch me around the house and it all looked like Benny hill show lol. Some chat banter too. He got pissed off and drove off up the hill to watch me, which gave me time to point out his location on map and warn people on my team of his location ( only him and other med tank left ). So Our AA gun rolled in and took him from behind. BEST GAME EVER LOL.

Just one more question, why people are sending me invites to some training rooms? WTF is that?

The 38(t) is a neat little thing, and is pretty well balanced. They were Czech tanks in reality, sold to Nazi Germany prior to WW2.

Got kv-1 today. Sort of fun having light tanks run away from you, but god dammit default gun is horrible. Really embarrasing for a tank of such size. So got engine, suspension, armor/turret upgraded. Now need 4k xp for proper penetration cannon.

Now that we've created a monster, time for some other guides, this time from Quickybaby:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/251841-world-of-tanks-guides-and-gameplay-with-quickybaby-youtube/#top

For the last 2 days I am just freaking Bombing everything left, right, centre! I think I found a set of tanks that I am really comfortable now.

t34 - got ace tanker with it last night. It is really satisfying when you manage to get all those Heavy bastards rolled around your finger in a t34. what a wonderfull machine!
    t28 - I know it has a very bad nickname, but holy bejaysus, I kill stuff with that thing. I am almost 13.5k xp with it too for KV1. It is farming XP a lot faster then I expected.

The new tank that I am in to is a German light tank. Pz.kpfw. 38 (t) ( what a weird name... ) This is the only light tank that gives me boner! Last few games I was just dominating stuff! :D Had such a trololol moment just now. Where I actually killed some light and med tanks and managed to run in to enemy territory. Got greated by a huge heavy tank. All I could was hide behind building and poping out to take hits at him that do no damage. eventually he tried to catch me around the house and it all looked like Benny hill show lol. Some chat banter too. He got pissed off and drove off up the hill to watch me, which gave me time to point out his location on map and warn people on my team of his location ( only him and other med tank left ). So Our AA gun rolled in and took him from behind. BEST GAME EVER LOL.

Just one more question, why people are sending me invites to some training rooms? WTF is that?

I haven't got a T34, I opted for a Super Pershing instead (and incredibly pissed that they're nerfing it) but that's a solid tank with a great gun.

In regards to shooting bigger tanks it helps to learn about weak spots and how angles REALLY affect your chances of making a penetrating shot (and obviously how angling yourself help prevent damage).

I think WoT is a great game, really well balanced and it's something that has been on my harddrive since it went beta. I have periods where I'll drift away (only so many pub games you can take when you watch 4 people afk and the remainder all go in one direction) but I keep coming back to it time and time again. Almost got my first t10 tank as well :)

The T28 is crap by the way :P Easy to kill a paper thin target as big as a house :P

The training room generally is where you can one on one someone (free repairs, you only pay for ammo). So perhaps if you've pissed someone off they're trying to one on one you to show they're 'better' or it could be for any number of reasons.

I haven't got a T34, I opted for a Super Pershing instead (and incredibly pissed that they're nerfing it) but that's a solid tank with a great gun.

He means the Soviet T-34, not the US one.

just a quick reminder Shadow, don't forget to sell your unused modules in the depot

I didn't do that for months and found 2 million credits just gathering dust :)

kingtiger wrote: »
    just a quick reminder Shadow, don't forget to sell your unused modules in the depot

I didn't do that for months and found 2 million credits just gathering dust :)

I think I was in depot and sow a lot of stuff in there already. I dont hang on low tier tanks. I just hang on to 3-4 I like.

I got back home and did a few things, so now I am free to watch that fella on youtube that you lads linked.

I will a good few games today and will get KV-1 pimped out fully. then I decide if I like heavy or not.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    He means the Soviet T-34, not the US one.

Stupid Russian tanks *spits* :)

Got the biggest cannon I could mount on KV-1 and now I finally can see why I was afraid of this tank as a light tank. :o

So I am mainly now with T34 ( russian vodka engineering version ) and KV-1. If both out I play t28 for XP to voncer or that light german tank.

Problem is i am not sure if I continue training furter in to next tanks or try some other low tier tanks. Panther sounds sort of fun. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm aiming to get to the IS-3 and then I'm probably gonna start down the German line cause my friends who play Germans all seem to have kick ass tanks :)

Problem is i am not sure if I continue training furter in to next tanks or try some other low tier tanks. Panther sounds sort of fun. :p

I would recommend not rushing up the tiers, stay around tier 5-6 until your crews have are a 100% with at least 100% in one perk

learn the maps and the different playstyles of different tanks and higher tiers will be a lot more enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I agree with kingtiger here. I'd recommend you get yourself another tier 5. That way you're learning another nation, getting more games under your belt and just improving overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

give the tds a go, russian is a lot of fun, su85 at tier 5 is a great credit earner.

i always kinda preferred the tds a little bit. havent played the game in a few weeks, on a break, but when i started i always wanted the obj 704... had the best gun in game back then. so went and got that first, and went russian heavies. they share a lot of modules so works out cheap.

when i finished up i had tier 8 td for french and the US. both fun too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Russian TDs are the definition of glass cannons; great fun as long as you hit but if you get shot back you're dead...

I got 6 tanks rotation now. 2 german and 4 russian. No TDs in it. To be honest, I dont like TDs at all. :o I got a mix of light/medium/heavy.

So as you said, I am sticking in tier 5. I am just playing around and learning the maps. Good spots, bad spots, idiotic spots and "You taking a piss there, lad" spots. Sometimes I kill 5 tanks in one game, sometimes I burn in holy fire in the first 2 minutes. So I still suck, but at least I am getting better at sucking! :D

So I am just hoarding XP now. Want to get 2 rank 5 german tanks first. Will play around with them and go one from there. So far I love medium tanks most.

In fairness the grind increases at t5 so you can't really go too crazy.

Try some US tanks :P I love them personally.

• Advertisement

Well, looks like I am back in to noob tier... :rolleyes:

I got t34-85 (T6) and KV-1S (T6) now. I am just being ass ****ed every single time. With t34 and KV-1 I was pinned against T5 and T6 tanks, but with these new ones I am pinned against T8 24/7... Even with biggest cannon on t34-85 I cannot even scratch anyones armour... Annoying as feck! :mad:

The match amking is dumb as hell in this game. And I dont buy the "scout" bull**** anymore. Getting droped vs t7-8 Heavy tanks in t28 is dumb.

I will be honest, the most fun I am getting in WoT with my Tier2 BT-2 little tank. At least I am playing against other Tier 2 tanks...

Advertisement