Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am usless at this! :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

T28 can't see tier 7 or 8 unless you've platooned with a higher tier tank.

The KV-1S with the 122mm is a particularly feared if not OP tank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spear wrote: »
    T28 can't see tier 7 or 8 unless you've platooned with a higher tier tank.

The KV-1S with the 122mm is a particularly feared if not OP tank though.

I really was with tier7 tanks. tier8 must have blended in from jumping a lot from t34 to t34-85. Even so, tier 6 kv-1s vs t28 is unfair fight, no matter what way you look at it. even scouting excuse does not cut it.

I need to get that 122mm for my KV-1s. I spent my free xp on upgrades for t34-85, which now feels wasted. It does great if it is fighting against its own tier, but good luck with anything above that.

*I must be just having a bad day on WoT today... I can already see myself next week going all "This thing is awesome!" again...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've just got the upgraded 122 for my IS, so I've been able to put the previous 122 back on my KV-1S. I did have some difficulty penetrating big tanks with it, but all you can do is practice aiming at engines, fuel tanks, commander cupolas and ammo racks to score hits with it. I definitely didn't enjoy my early days with the 1S as much as I did with the KV-1, but it's just that you've taken that jump from "casual" to "experienced" and are looking down the barrel at "expert" so it's a different class of game now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I really was with tier7 tanks. tier8 must have blended in from jumping a lot from t34 to t34-85. Even so, tier 6 kv-1s vs t28 is unfair fight, no matter what way you look at it. even scouting excuse does not cut it.

You'll need to stop doing that. The tier 7 can face up to tier 9, and it's his tier that determines the match, not yours. And when you do that, you're simply no use to your team, and only going to be oneshotted on first sight.

You'll need to stop doing that. The tier 7 can face up to tier 9, and it's his tier that determines the match, not yours. And when you do that, you're simply no use to your team, and only going to be oneshotted on first sight.

Stop doing what?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Stop doing what?
    Stop platooning with a T7 is what he's refering to; by doing so you're put in games based on the highest tier tank (i.e. the T7) and you'll struggle to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

the T-34-85 is a good tank when fully upgraded with a good crew, you just have to flank and choose when is best to attack then hit heavily armoured enemy tanks in their weakspots

you should've played the Beta if you wanted an unfair mm :)

Nody wrote: »
    Stop platooning with a T7 is what he's refering to; by doing so you're put in games based on the highest tier tank (i.e. the T7) and you'll struggle to do anything.

I dont. I platoon only with my friend now and then and we both always go same tier. He might understood me.

Anyway, I did had a good game with t34-85. Got 4 kills. Less then 3 minutes to round finish. Was satisfying flanking 2 heavies and winning the game for our team! :)

I dont. I platoon only with my friend now and then and we both always go same tier. He might understood me.
    Getting droped vs t7-8 Heavy tanks in t28 is dumb.

There's no other way for a T28 to face a tier 8, unless the player count on the server is extremely low late at night.

There's no other way for a T28 to face a tier 8, unless the player count on the server is extremely low late at night.

I play after work, around 11:00-12:00. the reason I still farm on t28, because I get mostly fair Tier fights, today was crazy. I was pinned against very high level stuff, that I cant even scratch!

• Advertisement

I play after work, around 11:00-12:00. the reason I still farm on t28, because I get mostly fair Tier fights, today was crazy. I was pinned against very high level stuff, that I cant even scratch!

That still shouldn't be happening. Have you got a replay example?

Well, got my KV-1S fully upgraded and crew on 91% and t34-85 almost fully upgraded with crew at 97%.

Finally I am getting some good games! :D I am back on the ball. KV-1S is very satisfying in tier 6 games. So satisfying to one shot some of the tanks. Plus you dont hear much of "it bounced! :pac:" in KV-1S.

One question: Does stuff like reloading speed increases with better crew? Is there a benefit of having a crew at 80% instead of 50% for example? Or crew only gets benefits when hits 100% and gets those perks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well, got my KV-1S fully upgraded and crew on 91% and t34-85 almost fully upgraded with crew at 97%.

Finally I am getting some good games! :D I am back on the ball. KV-1S is very satisfying in tier 6 games. So satisfying to one shot some of the tanks. Plus you dont hear much of "it bounced! :pac:" in KV-1S.

One question: Does stuff like reloading speed increases with better crew? Is there a benefit of having a crew at 80% instead of 50% for example? Or crew only gets benefits when hits 100% and gets those perks?
    You can only select 1 perk at the time and only once your crew is at 100% or finished of the perk (each perk is double the exp of the previous so perk one is 100k exp then second is 200k, third 400k etc. so don't expect to get more then two or three at T10 so pick carefully!). Also note some perks only work once you've hit 100% (reload speed is not one of them thankfully).

Now lets say you move your crew over to a new tank and do silver training (always always do silver or gold re-training) so your crew is now 90% main skill and lets say 50% on secondary skill. You'll now not get any experience going to your secondary skill until you max out your primary skill but your secondary will still work at the % it is at (so lets say 50% reload will remain no matter what).

To all the people who say that I cannot get in to The rank 7 game with rank4 tank:

I am in rank 6 game with someone in rank 2 TD. He is not in group with anyone too. The ranking system is a mess at times.

To all the people who say that I cannot get in to The rank 7 game with rank4 tank:

I am in rank 6 game with someone in rank 2 TD. He is not in group with anyone too. The ranking system is a mess at times.

Got screenshots or a replay?

Got screenshots or a replay?

I dont, I know... I will get it next time as since then I was in game with someone in tier 1 tank. those would be more extreme examples. I might have overlooked something and be wrong. Still, some matchmaking is really out of place.

So far looks like there are only few tiers where you can have fair fights. Tier 1,2 and 10. ( 10 is a guess, but surely as soon as you on top, there are no "topper" )
    In fact, my best games were always in tier 2. Its the most fair battleground. Maybe boring due to lack of diversity, but at least fair.

I still enjoy the game. I got fully upgraded t34-85/KV-1S. I am getting more experienced and finding better spots and tactics. Even so, most enjoyable matces are only the ones where I am in my own tier game.

Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad. A bad match arrangement will only take maybe 5 to 8 minutes on average, and then it's on to the next fight at least.

Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad. A bad match arrangement will only take maybe 5 to 8 minutes on average, and then it's on to the next fight at least.

Indeed. When I see that I am droped in to a stupid match up, then I just try to do something different as an experiment and see where does the line goes between Stupid and "Daring, but can be pulled off". At least when you know that you can de feck all, you can do something not by the books.

Advertisement