Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**DCG Before/After**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

In the short question did anyone else say they were intersecting lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dorcan

Thataone wrote: »
    Think just about everyone in my school got it finished, out of about 30 odd students only one didn't (that I know of) but the timing is tight.

Are any of those expecting A1 from the exam.i think to get a A you need 15 mins more maybe it just me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

dorcan wrote: »
    Are any of those expecting A1 from the exam.i think to get a A you need 15 mins more maybe it just me

Yup, people are aiming for the A1, I'm aiming for a decent grade, if not the A then a high B1, all going to plan.

I've never had a real issue with timing, even in the mocks, but that's just me, personally. Think it really depends on what options people do too, some are much more time consuming :p At the end of the day though it's down to people's personal drawing speed, how people think, reactions under pressure and time management, everybody's different :)

(also, I'm freakishly compulsive about timing, in every exam, which does help :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magic9911

What dihedral angles did ye get for B-1 and C-3 ?
    And does anyone know how the marks will be split for C-4 between part a and b?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rainbowwarrior

That exam was the easiest dcg exam i have done EVER!! no lies.. finished with a good twenty mins left.. b2 b3 c1 c3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 SlapAScreenOn

Lads has to be said B-1 was the easiest question I've ever done and i got every other question fully out(A-1,3,4, B-1, B-2, C-1, C-3)! Was pure shocker!

Lads has to be said B-1 was the easiest question I've ever done and i got every other question fully out(A-1,3,4, B-1, B-2, C-1, C-3)! Was pure shocker!
    no no boy/gurl b3 was t easiest perspective ive evr seen! like i like cudnt beleive it :eek: u do diamond question?

no no boy/gurl b3 was t easiest perspective ive evr seen! like i like cudnt beleive it :eek: u do diamond question?

Didn't even look at that Q, have always been slow at those so didn't bother with it! Ye I did 2 dihedral angles in it...they were pure spoiling us sure

Didn't even look at that Q, have always been slow at those so didn't bother with it! Ye I did 2 dihedral angles in it...they were pure spoiling us sure
    heh i no dey wer fare sooound eh ;) u sound fare cocky doe

heh i no dey wer fare sooound eh ;) u sound fare cocky doe

Can I not be positive and confident that I done well...Why you think you done crap?:cool:

• Advertisement

Can I not be positive and confident that I done well...Why you think you done crap?:cool:

Readin ur reply I was like ok mayb me nd dis guy got alott In common, mayb I was bein a bit harsh on u but den u use sunglassey face. You are a propper topper. Any teachrs nightmare, specially dcg r ny udder practicle subjects. Hope you only get a a2 in dis. U finished yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

b-3 45mm for shortest length??

I had 44mm :)

I had 44mm :)

I was 44.5 but guessed they had made it 45mm!

I was 44.5 but guessed they had made it 45mm!

I'd say they'd prob have a tiny bit of leeway, say 43mm-46mm (or whatever) but sure, it's close enough anyways :p

I'd say they'd prob have a tiny bit of leeway, say 43mm-46mm (or whatever) but sure, it's close enough anyways :p

What you think of section A?? i used loci for solids in contact, was there another way.. will I get marks? interpenetrations clicked with 5 mins left.. the cut was a triangle in plan ya? and the first q was the smallest sphere touching all 4 corners in the end view??

Q4 section A was lovely.I think... the true length was easy and they were skew lines I am sure... didnt explicitally state my reasoning but I extended them to meet and their points of intersection didn't meet directly above/below one another so I went with that!

What you think of section A?? i used loci for solids in contact, was there another way.. will I get marks? interpenetrations clicked with 5 mins left.. the cut was a triangle in plan ya? and the first q was the smallest sphere touching all 4 corners in the end view??

Sounds like what I did, though I possibly made a bit of a mess of q3 (a) but got the other 3, or at least think I did. They looked right any ways :P

Sounds like what I did, though I possibly made a bit of a mess of q3 (a) but got the other 3, or at least think I did. They looked right any ways :P

Was q3a just to.add the radius in plan and find the centre of another circle?

Was q3a just to.add the radius in plan and find the centre of another circle?

That's what I took it to be :)

• Advertisement

I got 45 too. what about section a q 1?? the sphere part..

I got 45 too. what about section a q 1?? the sphere part..

I had it touching all 4 corners in the end view, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JoeOBrien1

I did the same, I got bored of the question and just decided i'd **** a circle touching all the corners on to it hoping for marks, did you check if it worked in any other views? i.e. those dimensions covering in other views?

JoeOBrien1 wrote: »
    I did the same, I got bored of the question and just decided i'd **** a circle touching all the corners on to it hoping for marks, did you check if it worked in any other views? i.e. those dimensions covering in other views?

In the other views it was outside the extreme edges which seemed right... felt like it was too simple to do what I did
    Though but that is what all my friends did too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JoeOBrien1

In the other views it was outside the extreme edges which seemed right... felt like it was too simple to do what I did
    Though but that is what all my friends did too!

What I think may have been the answer is if you were looking at 3 of the sides and you have the apex at the middle of the drawing and then a circle around that. The apex would have been the centre of that, but there wasn't really enough space to draw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

****ed up bad on Assemblies, barely got it half done :P

Short questions were fairly hard, hoping for maybe 75% there if I'm lucky? The rest were grand, easy even. :)

Same boi! uz finishd examz yet?

Ya man im done.. out last night til 6am... out tonight too!!

F**************************************************************************************CK!!! stil in 2mrw FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

F**************************************************************************************CK!!! stil in 2mrw FML

join the club, let me guess technology?

Advertisement