Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH PHONE WORKING IN CANADA

Options
  • 13-06-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

DOES A SAMSUNG S 3 MINI WORK IN TORONTO OR DO WE HAVE TO BUY A NEW PHONE IN CANADA ALL TOGETHER????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

is it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

YES MY PHONE IS UNLOCKED????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

NO NEED TO SHOUT.
    Just buy a sim card and pop it in...most companies will give you a free one if you sign up to a plan, otherwise its a tenner.
    There are other threads here about best phone plans, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

retalivity wrote: »
    NO NEED TO SHOUT.
    Just buy a sim card and pop it in...most companies will give you a free one if you sign up to a plan, otherwise its a tenner.
    There are other threads here about best phone plans, etc.

wasnt shouting!!!!! cap lock was on and was lazy turn it off. Thank you

Once your phone is unlocked it'll work here. Go for Koodo, and don't go pay as you go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I saw on Koodo's website that they need to perform a credit check in order to get a monthly plan. Is this definite and if so what exactly do they look for?

They'll only do a credit check if you're getting a Koodo tab with them, which means you get $150 off a phone and pay it off at a rate of 10% of your bill each month. If you're just going in with your own phone and getting yourself a SIM card and signing up for a plan, you should have no bother

*edit* If you go into a Future Shop they definitely don't do the credit check thing. I went in and was up and running within half an hour about a year ago when I switched over to them

Advertisement